revvingrevision
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys,
Just thought it would be quite good for us to share various examples we have relating to the 4 units of the exam tomorrow.

For example, for the judiciary and civil liberties: the Supreme Court recently ruled against a free school that rejected pupils for their religion, thus hoping to protect the right to practice religion against discrimination.
JNC198
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by revvingrevision)
Hey guys,
Just thought it would be quite good for us to share various examples we have relating to the 4 units of the exam tomorrow.

For example, for the judiciary and civil liberties: the Supreme Court recently ruled against a free school that rejected pupils for their religion, thus hoping to protect the right to practice religion against discrimination.
Hey... For the civil service, there was a case under thatcher in which civil service neutrality was jeopardised. A civil servant was sent to represent the government in a court, in turn showing party affiliation and loyalty. It was called the 'spy-catcher affair'! Hope that helps
benSHTEE
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
belmarsh case 2004, asylum seeker plane thing 2006 (shows human rights act in practise).. for individual ministerial responbility theres jacqui smith resigning cos of expenses, and collective repson there is robin cook 2003 over iraq war......
Stillnotcool
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The House Of Lords Reform Act (No.2) was given royal assent on May 14th 2014, it mainly concerned with peers being able to retire but also says that peers can be removed in extreme circumstances.
Also the coalition has been defeated by the House of Lords a total of 89 times, thats the number of defeats on bills or amendments to bills as of 8th April 2014
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Nov '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (196)
71.27%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
17.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (31)
11.27%

Watched Threads