The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Any other mature students starting Bristol Uni this September?

Any other mature (24 years + ) students starting Bristol University this September? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by jermay88
Any other mature (24 years + ) students starting Bristol University this September? :smile:

I guess I am. Although I find it quite shocking that being 25 would make me one of the "old"...
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Lynn_B
I guess I am. Although I find it quite shocking that being 25 would make me one of the "old"...

Hey Lynn, I'm 25 as well and starting Bristol in Uni in Sept! I think it's a bit odd too, but they class mature as 22+! Has made me feel ancient! I'm glad I'm not the only one though, what are you going to study and have you chosen your accomodation yet?
Reply 3
Original post by jermay88
Hey Lynn, I'm 25 as well and starting Bristol in Uni in Sept! I think it's a bit odd too, but they class mature as 22+! Has made me feel ancient! I'm glad I'm not the only one though, what are you going to study and have you chosen your accomodation yet?

Well, I am starting my MSc Accounting, Finance and Management, so I am hoping that at least the MSc people will be around my age.
When I was at Oxford Brookes and did a first semester course, I was 23 and there was only one person older than me (most people were 18ish).
To be fair it can be a little annoying when people are really immature but I guess even 30 year-olds can be.
So don't worry too much, I am sure you will find plenty of people to hang out with.
I'm 26 and starting in September :smile:
Reply 5
I'm 22 and starting in September :smile:
Reply 6
I'm 21 (threshhold 'mature'!) and starting a BA Liberal Arts this september. I'm currently wondering if I should go to the mature student welcome lunch or not! I've never had a problem learning with younger students but I'm a little worried I might stand out a bit being the only 21 year old living in halls with a load of 18 year olds.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Is anyone going to the Freshers events, i.e. the ones for the 18 year old undergrads?! I don't really get how the postgrad Freshers is supposed to happen!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending