imsoLit
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I would be asking my teachers this, but I am in the run of GCSES and am on study leave and I am not going into school for a while as the rest of my exams are quite far away.

I understand that you apply to universities with AS grades, then get a offer and that offer may say what you need to get at A2 in order to get in (After interview and all that), well I am trying for medicine, a course that needs atleast 4A's at AS. So how would I go about getting them, my plan was to revise each topic as we go, through out the year. This worked well for my GCSES, but are As exams module? Do you get the exams at the end of the year, or are they after each topic. I am talking about exams that actually count towards your grade.

For reference I am doing:
Chemistry, Biology, Economics and Geography.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by harmer1998)
I would be asking my teachers this, but I am in the run of GCSES and am on study leave and I am not going into school for a while as the rest of my exams are quite far away.

I understand that you apply to universities with AS grades, then get a offer and that offer may say what you need to get at A2 in order to get in (After interview and all that), well I am trying for medicine, a course that needs atleast 4A's at AS. So how would I go about getting them, my plan was to revise each topic as we go, through out the year. This worked well for my GCSES, but are As exams module? Do you get the exams at the end of the year, or are they after each topic. I am talking about exams that actually count towards your grade.

Revising each topic as you go throughout the year is really useful, so that's an excellent plan.
Mike_123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by harmer1998)

Most exams tend to be modular and are now sat in the Summer together. Some also have coursework. So for chemistry you'll have practicals throughout the year and two modules to sit at the end
Fuenciado
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I do Chemistry, Biology and Geography.

For all of these there is no coursework element as such.

However for geography you do coursework and then there is either an exam on it or questions on the coursework within the normal exam (depending on the exam board). But you don't actually hand in a piece of coursework.

Both Biology and Chemistry have 2 modular exams at the end of the year. Then you have an assessed practical/practicals either at the end of the year or throughout the year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
15.53%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (63)
30.58%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
12.14%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (17)
8.25%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.83%
I think it's an unfair expectation (54)
26.21%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed