Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Having read PQ's fabulous Results Day Advice thread I'm sure we all know that we're supposed to receive an AS12 letter confirming our places. I'll admit, I was naughty and checked Track at 6am today to find that I'm in at Bristol. As a result, I was expecting the AS12 to arrive through my door.

Post came 15 minutes ago and there was a letter from UCAS - but not the AS12. Very odd. I received the UCAS magazine thingy a week ago, but this letter was basically detailing the Clearing procedure and how to go about it. (Didn't have a letter ref number like AS12 or anything)

Now I'm very confused - surely, if they were to send out Clearing instructions they shouldn't send them to people with unconditional offers at their Firm choice. It seems like a huge waste of effort and of paper! The letter was sent yesterday, and Bristol updated Track supposedly on the 14th. Meaning, UCAS should have been aware that Bristol were taking me...

Imagine if I hadn't checked Track and just got the letter - I'd be crying my eyes out now assuming that I hadn't got in anywhere! :mad:

Ugh... The incompetence we've come to expect from UCRAP... :rolleyes:

(Sorry - just a general rant! :p: )

ReputationRep:
    They always send the clearing stuff out to everyone, you've just got it later than others!

Don't panic, you're in and that's what matters. Your letter is not guaranteed to come today either, it could well come tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I checked Track this morning around 7am and i've recieved my confirmation letter through the post telling me that i'm now bound to my university choice and program and cannot change my decision.

Woohoo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    If you got an unconditional offer then you should already have recieved your AS12 letter when you accepted the offer.

Oh nooo - I mean my conditional offer from Bristol was changed to unconditional when they received my results.

Sorry for any confusion

ReputationRep:
    My FIrm choice turned to Unconditional but i still havnt recieved the AS12 letter. I live in Belgium though so i expect itll take a little longer.. If it doesnt arrive tomorrow then ill be worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Only if Bristol changed your status by the end of Tuesday will UCAS have sent out your AS12 for arrival today. If they took their time processing their decisions then you'll probably recieve it tomorrow or saturday
    Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Utter legend :ta:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)
    My FIrm choice turned to Unconditional but i still havnt recieved the AS12 letter. I live in Belgium though so i expect itll take a little longer.. If it doesnt arrive tomorrow then ill be worried.
    Umm it can take a bit longer than a day for the post to get from britain to europe, don't worry if it doesn't arrive for a day or two

ReputationRep:
    Yes but UCAS recieved our results around 3/4 days ago did they not? and according to track it was updated 3 days ago - which gives them plenty of time to have sent out the form?

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.