Living in Dundee and studying in St Andrews?

Watch
Kyon404
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello, I was wondering about if there are people who live in Dundee while they study in St Andrews and how much it could cost as for public transport. I know there are annual tickets but I'm no very familiar with the buses that go from Dundee - St Andrews and if it is really cost-effective, since accomodation in St Andrews is really expensive.

Could anyone give me information about buses, experiences, cost...?

I'd be very grateful
la_banane_verte
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Experience-wise I really recommend against it, I had a friend who lived in St A for a while and then moved to Dundee and his social life just collapsed and he really hated the commute.

Bus-wise, you would take any of the Stagecoach 99 services which run Dundee-St Andrews and back. You would need a Unirider for Fife zone 2 which costs £265 for 12 weeks. A semester is 12 weeks of teaching, plus freshers week, plus exams for 2 weeks, so you might need to get another 4 week pass which is another £95.

Info here: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tickets...iversity_id=26
Kyon404
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I actually don't think I end up in Dundee, but I don't know if I'll get the accomodation I applied for, so I was just considering other options.

Thank you very much for your answer, I'll cross my fingers to get the acommodation I requested
holdem
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is actually really interesting, as most of the postgraduates look like they are forced to go to some other area for the 14/15 term, due to some issues with the housing situation in St A. I am therefore also considering Dundee as the best connected location in the area, with a well developed infrastructure.

Or are there any other recommendations? What about other postgraduates?

St A itself recommends the CRM student accommodations. Has anyone some experience on these buildings?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads