The Student Room Group

How to tell parents im going on holiday with my bf?

So im 21, just finished my degree as has my bf who is 24. We decided we wanted to go on holiday to celebrate and have booked to go to turkey in a couple of weeks. Only problem I have is... telling my parents! It's making me so anxious I feel ill! We have been together on and off for the past 3 years, my mum knows about us but just thinks we are seeing each other now and then rather than a serious relationship.

My dad is very very protective and not too keen on me seeing anyone. I've lived at home the entire time during uni and whilst my parents have been fine letting me go clubbing and staying over "friend's" houses, I've never had the courage to tell them I have spent many nights at his. It's just not something I feel I can speak openly about as my parents are pretty traditional. I know I will have to tell them I'm going in the next few days but I wonder whether I should tell them I am going with a friend (the easy option) or be honest and say I am going with him. They will be fine if I say I am going with a friend but I know my mum would want to see pictures afterwards! I am paying for it myself as I've worked all year but I am worried about their reaction and whether it will cause conflict.

Any advice or stories of previous experiences like this??
It is most likely best to tell the truth, as what would happen if they found out you lied? If it is serious between you and your boyfriend, they need to find out at some point!
lol you are 21 years old, you're a grown woman. Tell them you are going with your boyfriend, what are they going to do really? Ground you for a week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending