The Student Room Group

What's better: Extra or Clearing?

I've been rejected from my original 5 universities, plus 1 other in Extra and after asking if they would consider me in Clearing this year, they all said no for my course choice of Occupational Therapy. I do not wish to do a different degree.

Has anyone got experience of or know anyone who has or anything about if I would have a better chance of getting into university through Clearing rather than Extra?

My worry is if I keep on applying and getting rejected, and all 6+ of those uni's are in Clearing, they have said they will not consider me (although surely if no one else wants that place or my grades are better etc I'd still be preferred?).

If anyone could help, advise or shine some light on my situation I welcome your response!

Thanks!
Reply 1
Clearing is better as you have the chance to get through if you didnt meet the entry requirements, as unis will lower them to fill up extra places. whereas extra simply allows you to apply to another uni, but theres no guarantee you`ll get accepted here if you dont meet the requirements

Quick Reply

Latest