JohnLE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I would like some tips on how to get A*s in the following subjects, I'm not saying Ia m definitely going to get all A*s just some tips on how to get some int eh following and how you would recommend revising for them, if you cant do them all just do the ones you can. Thanks!

Core Science
Additional Science
English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Geography
French
Computer Science
Advice Guru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1) Start revising early
2) Make sure you understand everything
3) Do past papers
4) Learn mark schemes, see where you gain marks
JackB784
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maths - Do past papers - just be generally decent at basic algebra and geometry = get an A*
Science - Lean all the definitions with flashcards or something similar and you've basically got an A*
kelly_kelly
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm assuming you're in year 10?

For french, it's best to learn as much vocab as you can, as this will stand you in good stead in the reading and listening exams. I think there's vocab books that you can print off from your exam boards website.

Maths - do lots of practice papers!!! This will allow you to figure out which topics you struggle with, get used to the type of questions and exam techniques.
The same type of questions come up every year so this is the most effective way to revise for maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Riya Patel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would suggest for each subject you:
-write notes or brainstorm
-take a look at the syllabus
-start doing past papers
-start studying ahead of the school (this will also help you to become more independent)
-ask your teachers if you need help early on in the year

I hope that helps and don't worry, if you work hard and stay focused, A*s will come your way!
lerjj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JohnLE)
I would like some tips on how to get A*s in the following subjects, I'm not saying Ia m definitely going to get all A*s just some tips on how to get some int eh following and how you would recommend revising for them, if you cant do them all just do the ones you can. Thanks!

Core Science
Additional Science
English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Geography
French
Computer Science
What year are you? Maths+science you just have to pay attention in class, get your teacher to explain anything that isn't making sense (most straight forwards exams there, so just learn the stuff properly!)

French and English you need to concentrate on coursework if you're in Y10, as it's such a large part of the grade. I haven't done computer science, but I would guess that it's similar to either these or science?

That leaves Geography: past papers, and case study revision. Just be able to spout some stuff about how the Bullring in Birmingham has lead CBD development through XYZ, and how rainforest management in Malaysia has done whatever. That kinda thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (217)
74.57%
No (74)
25.43%

Watched Threads