Now even Christians in Europe are under threat: Report claims hundreds of attacks on Watch

navarre
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
According to a report by the Vienna-based Observatory on Intolerance and Discrimination against Christians in Europe in the past year hundreds of attacks have been carried out against Christianity.
The 2013 report was released on Thursday and documents 241 cases of intolerance against Christians.
The voluntary group's report includes details of hate-based attacks on Christians and their institutions, including arson, graffiti and vandalism.
In the report 133 cases of vandalism against Christian sites in 11 countries are documented.
In May 2013 the report states that anti-Christian graffiti was sprayed on the outside wall of a cathedral in Austria. The graffiti read 'We do not want your crosses' and included a swastika

In France the altar of a church was set on fire while in another French church excrement was left on the altar

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz33Poru6Pf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I don't think anybody could claim European Christians are persecuted- we aren't. We're completely free. And we certainly aren't the victims of hate attacks as much as Jews or Muslims. But this is a surprising article, and I wonder if the rise in aggressive secularism has anything to do with it.
nimrodstower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by navarre)
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz33Poru6Pf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I don't think anybody could claim European Christians are persecuted- we aren't. We're completely free. And we certainly aren't the victims of hate attacks as much as Jews or Muslims. But this is a surprising article, and I wonder if the rise in aggressive secularism has anything to do with it.
You obviously do not get out much, vandalism occurs everywhere, just walk around and see for yourself.
navarre
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by nimrodstower)
You obviously do not get out much, vandalism occurs everywhere, just walk around and see for yourself.
I believe that in a court of law, vandalism and hate crime are of different magnitudes.
The_Duck
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sorry, but graffiti is not persecution unless you have a ridiculous victim complex.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.54%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (81)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (546)
59.48%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (130)
14.16%

Watched Threads