The Student Room Group

AQA A2 English Literature & Language - 3rd JUNE

Hello there, I know this might be a bit too late considering the exam is right around the corner. But thought it might be nice to wish good luck to you all!

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I did the exam today and thought the unseen was awful, how did you find it, and what did you write about, hope it all went okay for you!
Reply 2
Is this Ella3? I did not like the comparing texts at all. Not the worst for information but crisps....seriously.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
My friend told me for the adaptation, it said to write diary ENTRIES, but I just wrote one entry. Plus, I wrote it as if the strike my character was a part of was in the past, but the struggles for textiles workers are ongoing, so mixture of present and past tense. Does that sound OK?
Reply 4
I wrote multiple entries because that is what the question said. I did the house somewhere one because we studied that instead of the feminist writing. I think if the examiner understands it you're fine. :smile:
The crisps comparison was annoying. The diary entries were ok, but I thought my self analysis was dire :'(
Reply 6
Original post by It's James o.O
The crisps comparison was annoying. The diary entries were ok, but I thought my self analysis was dire :'(

Yeah it made me never want to eat crisps again. I liked the diary entries. They are a gift in my opinion because besides the standard "dear diary" you aren't really restrained.
I think my self analysis was so so too. But problem with English is you're never really sure. :/
Original post by Kelz
Yeah it made me never want to eat crisps again. I liked the diary entries. They are a gift in my opinion because besides the standard "dear diary" you aren't really restrained.
I think my self analysis was so so too. But problem with English is you're never really sure. :/

Yeah, I mean crisps. What. I swear Text B the guy was getting horny over them too :biggrin: Mmm I'm sure I have done a lot worse than I wanted though. Oh well, 7 days until the next exam. Pub time
Reply 8
Original post by dgham
My friend told me for the adaptation, it said to write diary ENTRIES, but I just wrote one entry. Plus, I wrote it as if the strike my character was a part of was in the past, but the struggles for textiles workers are ongoing, so mixture of present and past tense. Does that sound OK?

I did this too :frown: I cried when I got out and realised. I messed up big time in that exam, too rushed, too panicked :frown: Does anyone know how many marks they would deduct from it for only writing one entry?
Omggggggggg!!!!! It said entries!!!!!!!!! Omg i only did one!!!! Just found out now!!! So distraught!!! Worked so hard for this exam aswell!! How did you all find it!?
Reply 10
Hey guys. For Q6 I only included one example of social networking site: facebook. And just spoke about that and nothing more. I also made up names of the creators of facebook. Would i lose any marks?- if yes how many. Also in Q5 i was soooooo informal like as if im talking to afriend by including daft, unnessesary phrases such as 'come on buddy, you know if you approve my ideas this years festival will be the greatest' would i be dramatically marked down?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
and seriously crisps!!!???
entries ?

as in multiple ?

well I mucked that exam up ffsssss
Reply 13
Original post by It's James o.O
Yeah, I mean crisps. What. I swear Text B the guy was getting horny over them too :biggrin: Mmm I'm sure I have done a lot worse than I wanted though. Oh well, 7 days until the next exam. Pub time

He really was. No wonder people on the train were looking at him weird. :P Text C was annoying due to how little you could actually use for it.
I have 9 days until my next exam. Biology. Bleh.
I can't believe I wrote a diary entry rather than plural entries.

I didn't even know the guy in text B stole the crisps.

I was hoping for an A* as well :frown:

I reckon almost half of students probably wrote a single diary entry. oh well.
how much will they mark us down by for only writing one?! also, i only left one space between question 2 and 3... does that matter too much?! oh god, i wanted an A in english why did i have to mess it up :frown:((
Original post by louisarmm
how much will they mark us down by for only writing one?! also, i only left one space between question 2 and 3... does that matter too much?! oh god, i wanted an A in english why did i have to mess it up :frown:((

i e-mailed my english teacher, he's an examiner

I'll post his reply here

i know it's not much consolation but a few of us in the same boat :/
Original post by goonermk
i e-mailed my english teacher, he's an examiner

I'll post his reply here

i know it's not much consolation but a few of us in the same boat :/

aah thank you so much! my friend was saying the question interchanged "entry" and "entries", maybe we didn't mess up too badly?
maybe they'll be more lenient because so many people messed up - that's my hope
Original post by louisarmm
aah thank you so much! my friend was saying the question interchanged "entry" and "entries", maybe we didn't mess up too badly?
maybe they'll be more lenient because so many people messed up - that's my hope

yeah i hope so too ! tbh I can't remember if entry and entries was interchanged. but if it was, we get a free pass so fingers crossed !

tbh they should be more explicit and state 'multiple diary entries'

I know we should be observant and read the question but still
Reply 19
Original post by goonermk
I can't believe I wrote a diary entry rather than plural entries.

I didn't even know the guy in text B stole the crisps.

I was hoping for an A* as well :frown:

I reckon almost half of students probably wrote a single diary entry. oh well.

It wasn't all that obvious with text b that he stole the crisps. Besides the dirty look nothing else is really said so not mentioning that wouldn't be too bad hopefully.
I wrote entries because it said 3 or 4 entries in the question in the a house somewhere question. I didn't look at the other one though because it wasn't my question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending