How many times do you click per clip for hazard perception?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
cherryblossom23
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
How many times do you click per clip? I've been using a practice DVD and clicking 5-10 times per clip. I don't mash the mouse and click multiple times in a row constantly but I tend to click for hazards that perhaps haven't developed yet as well as the ones you have to click for. Would they consider that random clicking?

I'm worried that on the official theory test I'll click too many times and end up getting 0 for clips. What is the limit for mouse clicks and what do they look out for? Any tips? (I use the Driving Test Success All Tests DVD)
Advertisement
Exx
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I don't think there is a limit, as long as don't go mad and not clicking repeatedly really quickly yowl be fine. I just passed my theory a couple days ago by literally clicking every time i saw a pedestrian/cyclist/emerging car, got disqualified on a clip that i clicked on about 10-12 times but i think its more to do with the speed you click. If you click 3-10 times per clip with a couple second in-between them all you should be alright, its not the end of the world if u get disqualified for a clip its kinda good in a way as you know your limit. Just keep practicing clips, if your getting good results on them your likely to do the same on the real thing. Good luck with it!
Joeey009
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
How ever many times you want i think but it cant be every second you gotta space them out, on my last theory test i was so nervous and wanted to pass badly my hand was shaking and sweating i clicked like 3 times in less than 2 seconds (by accident) and got 0 for that clip but still passed thankfully
Advertisement
UniMastermindBOSS
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Click LOADS, but not really quickly.

i.e. a pedestrian walks around the corner, click. A pedestrian pops up behind a van, click. A car pulls up to a junction from a side road, click (even if you know he's gonna stop and not pull out)

Basically click on anything that COULD be dangerous, not only things that you know are dangerous (cause you might be a little too slow and miss out on 1-2 points that way)

Also, what I did is when I KNEW that was the clip's accident you were supposed to click on, I would click again after like a second, just incase I did it too soon and it didn't register it the first time.

The test is really similar to the practice DVDs. I think the computer gives you 0 points if you click like every second, or 3-4 times really quick
ameo84
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
According to Driving Test Success - http://tips.drivingtestsuccess.com/l...ion-test-faqs/

"You should click as soon as possible when you see a developing hazard. The earlier you click the more points you will score. If the hazard changes or becomes more serious you should click again. "
Advertisement
ohhello92x
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Click as soon as you see a developing hazard

Posted from TSR Mobile
BlackLab
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
https://youtu.be/OCafg91DBgY

I found this useful
Advertisement
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (16)
88.89%
No (1)
5.56%
I didn't use it to prepare (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads