The Student Room Group

A complicated situation

So when I started uni I became really good friends with a girl. A year later she turned into my best friend. I dint really have any feelings for her for quite some time. Unfortunately, three years later I started developing pretty strong feelings for her. I eventually told her about my feelings and the possibility if she would like to be together (for some time at least). She refused because partly she didn't feel the same and mostly because we have a religious difference and there is literally no possibility from both sides of a future together.

Some time after that we started developing problems. We would pretty much just fight with each other over everything. I had a lot of issues dealing with her not being together with me. Eventually I just told her its best if we stop talking to each other.

THE PROBLEM: She doesn't want to stop talking and want to remain friends. I've no idea why. She says you shouldn't just throw everything away. I partly don't want to see her because it took me a really long time (a year) to get over her. I probably still have some feelings her. Life in uni sucks without her but I'm convinced its best to stay away. She still keeps insisting from time to time that we should talk.

I want to ask you guys is it a good idea to maintain friendship with someone who you had feelings for? I don't really want to. But some times I feel guilty for ruining the friendship, because it was me who fell for her.

Any advice? :confused:
Kinda similar situation except, mine is still happening! I've got feelings for guy best friend but he's got a gf. We're just remaining as best friends cos neither of us want to lose the friendship we have. If I didn't have him as a friend here, life at uni would really suck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending