Where to find old 1985-1987 scottish past papers

Watch
This discussion is closed.
vexorg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've been searching for the past papers from 1985 to 1987 (o grade, highers, six year studies). They seem to be nowhere online, anything before 2001 seems very hard to find.

Are they stored anywhere? even if you have to pay to see them?
nECS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by vexorg)
Hmm have you asked your/a teacher? I know my chem teacher had the SYS papers back to the mid 90s kicking about this year, don't know about any older though. I'd say your best bet would be to contact the sqa directly by email or phone, although I suppose you could ask on the mySQA thread on here.
greenladybird
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
From before 2001, it's best to ask your teachers as they are most likely to have a supply in PDF files. If you say what subject(s) you're looking for, people may be able to share resources

Edit; If you're looking for the earlier papers for revision, then there may not be any point. The course will have changed in the past 30 years so the papers will be very different to what'll you'll face in this years exam.
vexorg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
The was the period I sat my exams I just wanted to see how they really did compare to my kid's exams, and they may be not as I remember.

Subjects would be
O grade: maths, arithmatic, english, history, physics, chemistry and tech drawing.
Higher: maths, english, physics, chemistry, tech drawing
S.Y.S.: Maths I & II, Physics
JAHL2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know replying to an old thread but with the recent change to English GCSE which my daughter sat this year I went delving in my loft and found my old Scottish exam papers from 1983-1985.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (266)
40.12%
Take autumn exams (200)
30.17%
Look for a job (22)
3.32%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.77%
Take a year out (111)
16.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (39)
5.88%

Watched Threads