carah1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am a california student studying at stirling in fall. I have been offered union st as accom but my family and myself are worried as it is off campus. Can i get back and forth, is it ok neing in town Does anyone have any insight? Not sure if i should take it or try to apply somewhere else.
g-horne
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by carah1)
I am a california student studying at stirling in fall. I have been offered union st as accom but my family and myself are worried as it is off campus. Can i get back and forth, is it ok neing in town Does anyone have any insight? Not sure if i should take it or try to apply somewhere else.
Hi there!

Union Street is where I might be looking to stay come September. Although it is off campus it is only about a half an hour walk or so to the uni. There is also a number of busses that run up to the uni. From what I have heard students enjoy it there as it is close to the town.

It is also a benefit that it is all nursing students making it a bit better for studying.

Hope this helps a little!

Posted from TSR Mobile
carah1
Rep:
?
It does thanks.
JourdaineS
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi!
I'm in the same situation. I'm studying abroad in Fall 2014, and am from California as well. I also was offered a spot in Union St.! Flat 6A Room 3 Union Street. What's your room?

(Original post by carah1)
Brittanyxo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Carah and Jourdaine, I'm Brittany and coincidentally from California too (northern). I will be in Union Street 6E, so I'm bound to eventually run into you Jourdaine Did you two want on campus housing? At first I did, but then I realized I rather be in town, so I ultimately chose this accommodation.
JourdaineS
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Brittanyxo)
Hi Carah and Jourdaine, I'm Brittany and coincidentally from California too (northern). I will be in Union Street 6E, so I'm bound to eventually run into you Jourdaine Did you two want on campus housing? At first I did, but then I realized I rather be in town, so I ultimately chose this accommodation.
Hi Brittany!
Nice! I'm from San Diego. And I'm sure we definitely will hah. My first choice was on campus housing, and I got my second choice which was Union Street. I thought it originally might be easier to meet more people if on campus. But either way it's going to be an amazing time! I'm sooo excited
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've just moved out of 6A Union Street, honestly it's a lot better than being on campus. The porters are a lot more lenient and everyone in 4-6 Union Street gets to know each other really quickly and you'll all travel to uni together. Rooms are a fair bit bigger than those on campus and the kitchen is enormous in comparison. You also won't have to pay for taxis to town on nights out
carah1
Rep:
?
This thread has made me and my family much happier about staying off campus. I have friends i look forward to meeting already!! See you soon. Im working at a camp in santa cruz for all of summer so i will probably not have much internet cinnection time. Have a great sumner everyone. Get sun whilst you can!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (297)
60.49%
Yes- I don't like it (24)
4.89%
No- I want it (134)
27.29%
No- I don't want it (36)
7.33%

Watched Threads

Latest