The Student Room Group

I have left revision tooo late ..... I need help..!!!

So far in my exam for AS ... I'm struggling with 2 modules which will bring my overall grades right down to probably a U. That's business and biology...
However good news ill probs come out with a solid A in edexcel maths and an A/B in ocr chemistry.
looks like ill get this year...
A maths
B chemistry
E/U biology
U business.
I've decided to retake the business year and redo the biology module.
My question is... I want to do accounting and finance in a university with AAB requirements. Say for A2 I get an A* in maths an A for chemistry and for business (from the gap year after sitting AS) I get an A. Will I still get an offer with the fact that i retook a year.
I need some inspiring advise as I don’t want to let myself and my family down.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JuniorXX
So far in my exam for AS ... I'm struggling with 2 modules which will bring my overall grades right down to probably a U. That's business and biology...
However good news ill probs come out with a solid A in edexcel maths and an A/B in ocr chemistry.
A maths
B chemistry
E/U biology
U business.
My question is... I want to do accounting and finance in a university with AAB requirements. Say for A2 I get an A* in maths an A for chemistry and for business (from the gap year after sitting AS) I get an A. Will I still get an offer with the fact that i retook a year.

Yes of course you will - there are many students who have retaken years. I think you are probably not going to Oxbridge! But there are plenty of other good units that will accept you
Original post by JuniorXX
A maths
B chemistry
E/U biology
U business.

Business is very easy. Everyone in my school got As or Bs at AS. You have probably done a lot better than you think you have, you also have a Biology exam today, so get off TSR and revise. It's in the afternoon. Stop wasting time.
Yes I'm sure it'll be fine. There was a guy in my economics class who retook a year of either business or economics (can't remember which now) and he'll be heading off to uni in September providing his A2s go well :smile:
So you want to do Accounting / Finance at uni and you are headed to a U in Business ?
Left revision too late - so comes on TSR to moan and wastes more time.
Logical.
Get off TSR and get your book out and Cram like you have never crammed before. Read over the text book and attempt to remember most of the information.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Right yh stupid of me... it werent the best thing to do to come here and discuss about it when I should be revising.... it felt like a lost cause to do the exam in the morning. Tbh tho it weren't even bad. Infact I think I got a B or C on that.... provided that I only started revision for the test yesterday mmorning. so yh quite pleased. Seems like I only have to retake business next year...

Quick Reply

Latest