The Student Room Group

Compelling personal reasons.

How does CPR work? Sent in all my evidence for extra funding, however, the advisor i spoke to has said that the extra funding is unlikely to cover the first year of study, i only have two years left. This scenario does not make sense, my two years already cover the last two years of study.

I have two anxiety disorders, have found it more or less impossible to make it through my last and current course. I'll be gobsmacked if this CPR does not cover my first year of my new three year degree this September.
You only get one year for CPR
Reply 2
If you're applying for one year of CPR (you wouldn't get it for a year that you'd passed), the calculation should be:

Number of years of new course (minus) Number of years of previous uni-level study (plus) One grace year (plus) One year reinstated by CPR = Remaining years of SF entitlement

The key is the number of years you've already done at uni (partial years count as complete).

I think you need to call SF again and clarify with someone else.
Maybe this may help clarify the issue, i have to minus two which leaves me two. CPR would reinstate one year of which SFE have said would cover the third year. I then assume my remaining two would cover the first two years. Correct?
Reply 4
Original post by random_matt
Maybe this may help clarify the issue, i have to minus two which leaves me two. CPR would reinstate one year of which SFE have said would cover the third year. I then assume my remaining two would cover the first two years. Correct?

Sorry, I don't understand "to minus two, which leaves me two".

How many years at uni have you already completed/started?
Original post by random_matt

No, they work backwards, so you'd be covered for years 2 and 3. So CPR, if awarded, would cover your first year. Providing you haven't completed first year elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending