The Student Room Group

English A LEVEL HELP

Hi guys, I need your advice. Basically, I am confused what A levels to choose for next year in the long term run, I wish to apply for Mental Health Nursing course, So far I have chosen A level Psychology, Sociology and BTEC Health and Social, But I really love English and wish to adept my skills.
Do you think I should choose A level English on top of my current A levels, or replace it for Health and social, I do not know whether it will be too much work load or not?

What do you guys think?
Reply 1
Well English can become a heavy workload, especially around exam period, but I suppose that's true of any subject at A-level! I enjoyed the course anyway (I'm just finishing my second year at A-level and I'm studying it in uni next year!) But it is a lot of work - but so long as you keep on top of things you'll be fine :smile:
Well, it's up to you.. Maybe swap it for another of your subjects? You don't need sociology for Mental Health Nursing at all... Psychology yes and maybe BTEC... But I don't know. If you like English then go for it, I don't see why it won't hurt. If you are considering it as a fourth subject (if your college allows you) you can always drop it if you don't like it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending