The Student Room Group

Would you be upset if someone touches your food?

Someone close say for example a friend, partner, etc.

You're eating lunch together and you're having some fries and they decided to take some of it (of course at the same time, they asked if they could take some of it).

Would you react? I know this person who would make a face if someone touches their food, to the point that to them is absolutely disgusting and frown upon. I think that's a bit of an overreaction don't you think?

Scroll to see replies

So long as they ask and they don't touch something that I'm about to eat, then I don't really have a problem :erm:
Nah I don't care if it's someone I'm close to.
[Something fall-about funny about touching buns]
[a proper rip-snorter about fondling melons]
If it was a friend, I would joke about it with them and it wouldn't matter

If it was someone I didn't know all that well, I would be really quite unhappy...
Yes, I'll cut their lips off with an axe.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Nah I don't care if it's someone I'm close to.

I'd pretend not to be upset...But my heart would break up inside watching my food disappear.. :cry2:

Spoiler

Probably wouldn't care. It's something that wouldn't be worth getting angry about.
My girlfriend and I have a standing rule that we can always have some of the other's food when we go out. When it's share-and-share alike it's great. The thing that pisses me off is when someone ostentatiously only orders a tiny salad for health reasons and then proceeds to pick on my chips. It does annoy me when there isn't reciprocity and under those circumstances I'd suggest they get their own chips.
If it's on my plate I intend on eating it. Therefore, do not touch..
That would piss me off. I'd never do it to someone else.
Reply 12
If it was my close friends I wouldn't really care. If it's just a friend/acquaintance, I would be pretty pissed off.
Definitely. I hate anybody touching my food. It is not an overreaction. Don't touch other people's food. It's not much to ask.
When I'm with friends at college, we tend to tell each other that we're allowed to help ourselves to each others chips and stuff like that and we can usually just take things without asking. However, this one time, I was with my friend and her friend (who I am not close to and after finding out more about her, I do not like) and I offered them some chips. Her friend started taking too much which was downright disrespectful because 1. I paid for the food to eat for mainly myself and 2. I didn't even know her that well. I was starting to get pissed off and noticed she was having more than me so I was like "ok yeah that's enough now" and dragged my plate more closer to me. In my head I thought "get your own damn food you ****ing cow". My friend told me a story about the same girl and she's basically a scavenger. When they went to a shopping centre and walked past some restaurants, she saw a table with a plate with some left over food on outside and took it upon herself to have a nibble on it. I think she got some dirty looks from those inside.

Anyway, I think taking food in a restaurant setting is slightly different. Even if I was with friends, I wouldn't be happy if anyone took some of my food without asking, especially because it's not finger food like chips or anything like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by kka25
Someone close say for example a friend, partner, etc.

You're eating lunch together and you're having some fries and they decided to take some of it (of course at the same time, they asked if they could take some of it).

Would you react? I know this person who would make a face if someone touches their food, to the point that to them is absolutely disgusting and frown upon. I think that's a bit of an overreaction don't you think?

If somebody took individual chips i wouldnt care, but if they ripped something apart and took half i would think that's a bit weird, but still wouldnt react, the situationn you gave is definately an overreaction
I have this thing where I can't eat something someone has touched, to the point where I can't drink from the same glass my family member has drunk from and I can't eat something they have touched/taken a bite out of. It is therefore very unlikely that I would be okay with one of my friends doing it. I'm not sure if it's some sort of illness or something, but I feel bad and I wish I wouldn't be so against people touching my food.
Reply 17
If it's any of my mates, I may mind. If it's a girl friend I wouldn't mind too much because I myself am somewhat a food stealer.
I don't mind if its someone i'm close to, i like sharing with friends anyway. Unless it's something i really like, there's not much of it and i'm starving.

I don't like trying new food just in case i don't like it and i've wasted money so i like to take a bite of theirs to see as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd be angry as ****.

Latest