The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Fredish
i do like old style surfy jack johnson and the occasional kooks song, i wont lie :redface: i dont play a zither, but they look pretty cool. guitars and a ukulele for me. so, almost. banjos are quite tempting at the moment too, but should probably save my money and buy pots, pans and toilet roll instead.

really? yeah banjos are fantastic but always look rather expensive (in comparison to £10 ukuleles or guitars that you were handed down)

still... if you do buy the pots and pans they could double as a drumkit. or biscuit tins (glue them to desklights and they're just like the real thing)
not sure what can be done about the toilet rolls. mini telescopes maybe.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 141
Fredish
good plan. or one of those flat escalator things you get in airports. i should start a campaign. why should students have to walk anyway? :smile:

I had amazing plans for a zipline from accommodation to lectures.

I can't believe how lazy you get living on campus. I have no idea how i'm going to make 9ams this year living in town, when last year dragging myself out of bed for a 10 minute walk was hard enough! everything's so close but when you have to have a lecture in the medical school or arundel or somewhere like that...it's...just...so...far...
Reply 142
Im actually looking forward to my earliest lecture being 9 o clock as last year I had to leave my house at 7:30 most mornings!
Reply 143
:eek: you got your accommodation details through this morning?! YAY the rest of us should be expecting ours soon then!! :biggrin:

and that Jetsons thing sounds magical.. I always wanted a waterslide going out of my bedroom window though. That kicks an escalator's ass.
Reply 144
squirly
:eek: you got your accommodation details through this morning?! YAY the rest of us should be expecting ours soon then!! :biggrin:

I will now be waiting by the door for the postman tomorrow!
Reply 145
and me! I'm going to be so frustrated every day it doesn't come, I can tell. I almost wish I hadn't read that.. I was quite content thinking I wouldn't know for another week or two, now I'm impatient again!
Reply 146
I got my accomodation stuff through this morning aswell, and I'm also in Norwich house (room 070) :biggrin: . It's on a hill? :rolleyes: I live on the top of a hill now, thought I was going to escape hiking up to my house every time I returned home :wink:
Reply 147
yayyyyyyy someone else in norwich house! hi, how are you, what course are you doing? :biggrin: maybe norwich house people got sorted first for some reason. patience people :p:
Patience? But I want to know IMMEDIATELY :frown:
Reply 149
yes, ok, i can see how that could become a problem. try mind diverting tactics, like taking up juggling or fire eating. or chess. or something..
Reply 150
Fredish
yayyyyyyy someone else in norwich house! hi, how are you, what course are you doing? :biggrin: maybe norwich house people got sorted first for some reason. patience people :p:

My course is media studies :biggrin: Yeah, maybe all the Norwich (I keep spelling that wrong! I'll have to sort that out before I arrive :tongue: ) house people have been allocated first. Nice to meet someone else in the same building, although I'll probably be on a high floor, if I'm room 70 (Hills and stairs, I'm going to have to get in shape I think)
Fredish
yes, ok, i can see how that could become a problem. try mind diverting tactics, like taking up juggling or fire eating. or chess. or something..

But I am already the World Champion fire eating juggling chess player :redface: (I juggle fire and then eat it while considering my next move)
Reply 152
sorry mate, you're screwed then. try therapy :p:
now i'm regretting not sending the form in earlier (for fear that, despite everything they said, a certain amount of sorting out does get done for the people who submit early)

and also for putting holland house as no2... someone recommended norwich house to me, so i put park houses first... but i fear being shunted off campus because i didn't put holland house low down enough on my list..
Reply 154
i dont think i sent my form in any earlier than most, in fact it was probably later than normal, i only decided to come to uni this year in about june or july, was going to go travelling but family circumstances changed. cant really remember when i spoke to them about it. but it was late, but they were nice to me. so dont worry about early birds getting the worm and all that, dont think its true.
Reply 155
I didn't send my form in particularly earlish. I mean it wasn't a last minute deadline rush, but I did manage to put it off for a good while before I got round to do it so I wouldn't worry.
Reply 156
OOO i hope my accommodation comes through soon! I can't wait to rush home from work and check. Libraries can be so dull at half 7 at night. Big snooze fest
Reply 157
fine crystal
and also for putting holland house as no2... someone recommended norwich house to me, so i put park houses first... but i fear being shunted off campus because i didn't put holland house low down enough on my list..

Seriously I cannot stress this enough, living off campus is not the end of the world! To start off with you might feel like you're missing out on stuff by not living on campus but after the first couple of weeks people who are will be bored with the whole east slope bar/hothouse thing and be very jealous of those who have the whole of Brighton on their doorstep. I always got the feeling that campus life would be kind of like living in a bubble, especially at the weekend when loads of people go home.

Living in Holland House was wicked :biggrin:
Lyds117
Seriously I cannot stress this enough, living off campus is not the end of the world! To start off with you might feel like you're missing out on stuff by not living on campus but after the first couple of weeks people who are will be bored with the whole east slope bar/hothouse thing and be very jealous of those who have the whole of Brighton on their doorstep. I always got the feeling that campus life would be kind of like living in a bubble, especially at the weekend when loads of people go home.

Living in Holland House was wicked :biggrin:

True, and I lived on campus. The bubble effect does get scary by about halfway through the second term.

Still good fun, but a bit scary / weird.
Reply 159
Freezer
IM BACK!

I know this is for 06 but just to say I got my unconditional for 07 to do Law.

So next year I will be looking out for all those Ive seen on here....

Hey Freezer, congrats for getting in for 07 entry :biggrin: glad you're coming after all, look foward to seeing you next year! xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending