The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Haha I'm going to Corpus... this year. =) Studying Medicine...
Reply 2
oh finally. one person. i'm doing economics! woot.
Reply 3
Computer Science here.
Reply 4
Haha obviously not really many of us around in TSR...? Though then again, given that there're just supposed to be around 80 of us anyway... =P
Reply 5
my thoughts exactly. 240 students + staff feels VERY small...
Reply 6
Have you found out which room you're in yet? I'm apparently in the Beldam Building at 718.40 GBP per term. :smile:
Reply 7
NO!!!!! I haven't even gotten my freshers pack (are we supposed to get one??), though then again that's probably because I'm an international student...

Hoping insanely for a good room - heard from seniors that Beldam Building has fantastic rooms...!

Yeah it's kinda small - especially since my previous school had some 850 people in one year alone! But I guess that's part of the charm (that, and the extremely central location. =))!
Reply 8
yeah got my pack yesterday. i'm on T stair, cant' remember which room exactly but its quite cheap - £619/term. just what i asked for!
hmmi think Bedlam is the newer block, so it makes sense that the rooms are full on awesome! i'm not too fussed bout rooms anyways.
Reply 9
I think the target number of undergrads for this year was 66.
Reply 10
biggie-n
yeah got my pack yesterday. i'm on T stair, cant' remember which room exactly but its quite cheap - £619/term. just what i asked for!
hmmi think Bedlam is the newer block, so it makes sense that the rooms are full on awesome! i'm not too fussed bout rooms anyways.

On the accommodation form I just ticked the highest tarrif and wrote in the comments "If possible I'd like en-suite accommodation" :smile: I'm pretty sure that's what I've got so I'm happy.
Reply 11
I can't wait to get my freshers' pack and figure out where in the world I'm going to be staying for the next year (haha)! =P

I heard Beldam was built around 1997 or something like that?

And 66?! Hmmm... (Okay I'm quite bored, just went to look up the stats http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/statistics/docs/corpus_christi.doc, I think they made 87 offers this year?)

Edit: Darn I should have written that on the accommodation form...!
Reply 12
Reply 13
i think they expect a certain number to miss, however sad. just think. it could have been us!
Reply 14
gwright
On the accommodation form I just ticked the highest tarrif and wrote in the comments "If possible I'd like en-suite accommodation" :smile: I'm pretty sure that's what I've got so I'm happy.

did you go to eton? or some really expensive private school?:rolleyes:
Reply 15
I went to Harrow - the other one. :P
Reply 16
lol i was right! i was only kidding anyway, i dont discriminate...
Reply 17
jesus gwright! how much storage do you have on your desktop!?! a few TB???
Reply 18
Haha this might explain why my offer was 3As AND an S paper distinction. Wasn't worried about the 3As, but was extremely worried about the S paper distinction...!

21 people is quite a large number to miss, out of 87...
Reply 19
Heh. What subject are you in for?

Latest

Trending

Trending