namaja59
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys,

How did everyone find that paper, was a little shaken up by the 20 marker,

I'd like to hear what kind of answers you put for it.

Apart from that I felt the exam was okay.
nijam
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by namaja59)
Hey guys,

How did everyone find that paper, was a little shaken up by the 20 marker,

I'd like to hear what kind of answers you put for it.

Apart from that I felt the exam was okay.
me too the paper was okay. but there was a question on barcode was it barcode or QR code
Yellow2914
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I put bar code but i think thats wrong xD
Yellow2914
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
tbh sometimes they allow both, Even though barcode is wrong

Like one year some people thought it was a laptop holder instead of a foot rest xD
TheFinalFlare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thought the exam was alright overall c: And aha, I put barcode as well as I literally had no idea what it was.

Also, I'm quite surprised that there was a 17 mark question right before the 20 marker! Didn't manage to finish the 20 marker, but I'm not extremely annoyed about that or anything - just hoping I gain some marks at least aha.

What did you guys write for the 17 & 20 mark questions?
Lovinlife2
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheFinalFlare)
Thought the exam was alright overall c: And aha, I put barcode as well as I literally had no idea what it was.

Also, I'm quite surprised that there was a 17 mark question right before the 20 marker! Didn't manage to finish the 20 marker, but I'm not extremely annoyed about that or anything - just hoping I gain some marks at least aha.

What did you guys write for the 17 & 20 mark questions?
Haha same here, I didn't get to finish my 20 marker either! For the 17, I just wrote about validation rules and database management software using formulas and then checking accuracy etc.
Jaredh97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It was a QR code. They store URLs etc.. Can be used for advertisement.. Lessons., all sorts
namaja59
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Yeah, I put QR code, but luckily it did ask what is it a type of and I put Input Media, but what kind of answers did you put for the 20 marker?
clarkes96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For the 20 marker I went a long the lines of input/output/storage devices and software to help teaching and learning

intro: breif intro and definitions

main:

- input/output devices such as digital projector and interactive whiteboard. Talked about the purpose, features and functions of these, how it benefits learning and teaching example, then possible draw backs such as it being expensive etc

- software such as application software, prsentation software, features and functions, how it benefits the teacher (being quick and easy to use), how it benefits the students (interesting and fun to learn rather than a book), then possible draw backs

- storage such as magnetic storage, hard disks, benefits as they hold a lot of data so the school can install loads of needed software programs and record files about pupils. Then talked about possibld drawbacks, i.e. being expensive, may corrupt etc.

- operating system allowing student user log ins and file track adresses of where files are stored

how much marks do you think this is worth?
manlike khai
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think that exam was lightwork tp be perfectly honest, a few deceptive questions here and there but ultimately the same questions disguised very well. Nice try aqa.
Yellow2914
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i put more what free online books would bring, so:

People can access from anywhere, the old, the young, the long distance
Poorer people who cant afford to buy them can rent them online
They can be accessed on a varity of devices ect

Then negatives like, you need a network and a device
Someone will have to pay
There is no human intervention like at school
Photovoltaic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought the paper was harder than some of the past papers that I'd done but thought I've done fairly well, didn't like the fact there was that 17 marker right before the 20 marker though but I think I've managed pretty well. Could have done with a couple more minutes to improve the 20 marker essay though as I just kind of shoved a very brief conclusion in due to time constraints.

For the last one I talked about the access from anywhere, mentioned a bit about cellular data networks enabling etc. for that.
Reduced costs of books due to no printing costs etc..
Mentioned offline storage and storage capacities of modern devices
The huge availability that could not be rivalled with a library

And some negatives mixed in such as cost implications
Not all books are published digitally yet
Need for an internet connection
Learning curve in comparison to regular books for inexperienced users.
Briefly mentioned quality control issues due to not necessarily needing publishing and censorship of inappropriate material being more challenging

Had a rushed conclusion that said though there are great advantages, at the moment fully replacing physical media in a library is not realistic as it can be good supplementary material

o.copleston
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The exam appeared to require a lot more writing than the past ones. Just a few things though:

• Lovely stock image at the start of the paper.Name:  76801089.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  125.4 KB

Totally would have been lost without it...
    Seriously though, I would have liked to seen some a question in which you have to actually make references to the image, but maybe we'll see that in INFO2.
    Of course the correct answer was "He would use it to play farmville"

• The QR code question. I personally did not have a problem with it, but fellow students didn't even know what it was. With answers mainly being "Barcode". It wasn't even in our syllabus so how can you blame them. I mean, we were learning out of the book which thinks 4GB Flash Drives are the future.
  • Lastly, the final 20-Marker. Surely, surely that is INFO 2. I think the exam board got a bit lazy with this one as it was not easy to structure it around the INFO1 material.
    It was easy to justify Accessibility and talk about the users and other INFO2 stuff, but I thought it was a poor question as a whole.

So i'm now curious. What did you guys do for your sample work?
For part A, i planned a system for a Pizza business.
For part B, our class had to create a "Quizz" on mediator... fun...

p.s. sorry for my poor formatting, I didn't realise formatting doesn't work too well on this site.
TheFinalFlare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by o.copleston)
So i'm now curious. What did you guys do for your sample work?
For part A, i planned a system for a Pizza business.
For part B, our class had to create a "Quizz" on mediator... fun...

p.s. sorry for my poor formatting, I didn't realise formatting doesn't work too well on this site.
We had to create a database for a music tuition business, so that the teachers who were apart of the business were able to store student details securely (their original system was recording student details through paper-based methods, such as writing them down in a log book).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (124)
62.31%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.69%

Watched Threads