The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Not meeting the offer grades due to sickness

Hey guys,

I have a question.

I am an offer holder at King's College London to study Medicine from September 2014. The offer is ABB and is for extended medical programme, 6 years not the standard one. During March and April I had been having treatments for the root canal and because I had a really bad infection in it, the pain was excruciating. I wasn't able to go to college, nor do any study and I missed a great deal of the things (one and half months)
I am scared that I won't be able to meet the offer and I will be refused. I worked really hard to get the offer and I really want this.

Do you think I should let admission people know of this circumstance? I have all the documents to support it but I am worried they won't accept it.

Thanks for your help
King's is not known for being inflexible, if you explain correctly your situation I'm quite sure that they'll accept it.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Have you taken any exams yet? If not, then I would send off the documentation now so that way if you don't make the grades then they have a record as to why.
I had some personal issues in my final year of my undergrad and it really affected my grades, big time. I didnt have the necessary grades for the masters I wanted to do in King's but I explained in my application letter a tiny bit explaining it. It probably wasn't much considering I didnt get accepted, getting an email saying I didnt have the required grades.

So I wrote back to them in the applications office and asked did they take in to account my mitigating circumstances. They hadn't noticed it and when informed they offered me a place.

So my advice is explain the situation thoroughly and clearly, email them outside of the main application process and explain tooo.

Quick Reply

Latest