The Student Room Group

OCR AS Chemistry 2014

So the exam for chemistry of natural resources is tomorrow, eeeek! It's meant to be the harder one out of the two exams for AS and its worth 50% (i think). Are there any helpful tips out there or anyone willing to share anything or talk topics or revision or anything?! Anyone is welcome :smile:
Reply 1
There are so many parts to F322, plus I found the F321 paper really difficult, so I really don't have high hopes for this exam. Does anybody have any revision documents that could come in handy for some last minute reviewing?
Original post by Helllie
So the exam for chemistry of natural resources is tomorrow, eeeek! It's meant to be the harder one out of the two exams for AS and its worth 50% (i think). Are there any helpful tips out there or anyone willing to share anything or talk topics or revision or anything?! Anyone is welcome :smile:

LEARN THE MECHANISMS + REACTIONS

This is the best piece of advice i can give you given the exam is tomorrow morning. That's what my final revision is made up of. Learn the radical substitution, nucleophilic/electrophilic reactions, Hydration/Dehydration, Hydrolysis, Reflux/Distillation etc..
Reply 3
Oh I hate those bits and everything! There's usually a question involving electrophiles and nucleophiles, it sort if crops up in most past papers for one or two marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make sure you know the definitions and how to draw Boltzmann Distribution graph and enthalpy change diagrams. They're easy marks to pick up if they appear on the exam tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Helllie
Oh I hate those bits and everything! There's usually a question involving electrophiles and nucleophiles, it sort if crops up in most past papers for one or two marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, it's more than 1 or two marks, I assure you. I would say reactions of Alkanes/Alkenes/Alcohols and the mechanisms make up about half of the paper
what definitions do we think are gonna come up?
Reply 7
Radicals perhaps that tends to pop up, otherwise I'm not sure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by ChemicalBrother
Haha, it's more than 1 or two marks, I assure you. I would say reactions of Alkanes/Alkenes/Alcohols and the mechanisms make up about half of the paper

Oh don't worry that's not what i meant , i know those are major topics, but specifically questions where they ask you if a certain reaction was nucleophilic or electrophilic tend to come up in most past papers ive done. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest