Help Needed ASAP Watch

silens_fatuus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I want to curl my hair using curling tongs for going out tonight, Scott Mills is playing at our local club!

However, as I washed it yesterday its too soft for the curlers. Would it work better if I put a small mist of hair spray over my hair to help it "grip" or something like that?
stainedglass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That sounds like it could work. Your hair might sizzle a bit when you put the curlers in but it should be okay. The curls might drop out half way through the night though so I'd take some hair spray with you to help keep the hold in throughout the night.
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yes if you dont put hairspray in it, they will fall out in like half an hour
Angelharpist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Setting lotion is also a good idea - Silvikrin does one that's under £3. Usually you'd use it on wet hair, just after you've washed it, and then put air-dried hair into hot curlers. Tbh though, I've found it works just as well on dry hair if you use it sparingly...

Hairspray is a must though - the curls will drop out in seconds otherwise
milton
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You can get that stuff to put on your hair before your straighten it to help it stay straight - you can also get stuff to help it be curly. I used some on my rebelious hair, maybe try that?
m.a.y.a
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
i'd defo use some strong hold hairspray i always use the fructus xtreme hold and they last all day long, once dried your hair will feel almost plasticy but they will look natural to others. and it's a bit of a mission washing it out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (90)
25.86%
No (258)
74.14%

Watched Threads