University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St John's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if there is anybody who has experience with staying at the graduate student flats at St John's.

I hope to apply for a couple's flat (one bedroom) but there is no relevant photo on the college website.
I truly do not want to share my bathroom anymore as I have had enough with dorms and am too old for hostel life, but I also do not want to be wasting my money on a very tiny flat.

So any insight would be much appreciated!:h:
Hi all!

Does anyone know whether I will need to bring my own pots and pans and cooking utensils to John's? I'm packing up my stuff from my boarding school and need to know whether I'll be needing to buy stuff! Also if anyone can give me any insight into life at John's I would greatly appreciate it!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all!

Does anyone know whether I will need to bring my own pots and pans and cooking utensils to John's? I'm packing up my stuff from my boarding school and need to know whether I'll be needing to buy stuff! Also if anyone can give me any insight into life at John's I would greatly appreciate it!

I graduated two years ago so things might have changed since, but I did need to bring pots/pans/utensils. If you're staying in Cripps it might be worth waiting to see what the people you're sharing with are like; in my kitchen we all had our own stuff, but I know that in some other staircases people bought communal pots and pans to save money and space.

As for general insights: I loved my time at John's, and I always felt like I really lucked out compared to my friends at other colleges. There's a fantastic sense of community, the facilities are second to none, and I always found John's seemed to care more about its students and supported them more generously than many other colleges did. You're in for some wonderful years!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending