The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St John's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

KAISER_MOLE
Hey guys

Went up today briefly, they are sending out all the responses at the moment but also have random other administrative goop to deal with. I think it's a bit pants that it's happening so late, as travelling stuff etc. isn't too simple for some people. (I don't know full full details about what's happened as both them and I are pretty busy). So all I can say is hang tight.

Also, if you are applying for Arch n Anth or History and haven't heard anything yet then best contact them. All other subjects interviews start from 7th December

Luke

so if you don't get a response today, is that necessarily a bad thing?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
anishapol
i received law interview today, its on 15 dec, in the morning. anyone else on that day? how about the other law applicants?

Applied for Law and didnt get a response today, did you get it by email or letter?
Reply 622
I have an economics interview on the 16th as well. Does anyone know whether the article of text will be sent beforehand or if they'll give it to us on the day?
gilash89
I have an economics interview on the 16th as well. Does anyone know whether the article of text will be sent beforehand or if they'll give it to us on the day?

I believe they said they would send it some weeks before interview.
Are you guys getting your invitations by letter or email =]
Reply 625
by email
Reply 626
gilash89

it seems we'll be interviewed on the same day.... At what time you'll be interviewed?
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I got an interview invite!! I am so happy!
Congrats everyone!
Does anyone know by when we have to send the confirmation slip? I don't have printer...

thanks in advance!
Reply 628
splee
it seems we'll be interviewed on the same day.... At what time you'll be interviewed?

My first interview is with the admissions tutor at 11.20 and then right after that I have the subject interview at 11.45. And then I have the TSA at 1.

These next two weeks are going to be mental because I'm doing my whole maths and economics A2's in January and now I'll have to do some preparation for the interview as well!
Reply 629
Isometrix
yeh i applied for medicine, have heard absolutely nothing from them :frown: do you think they're waiting for the bmat results?

I got medicine a few mins ago - for the 11th. (which is good, in a 'thank goodness for that' kind of way). so they have started on medicine.
Reply 630
gilash89
My first interview is with the admissions tutor at 11.20 and then right after that I have the subject interview at 11.45. And then I have the TSA at 1.

These next two weeks are going to be mental because I'm doing my whole maths and economics A2's in January and now I'll have to do some preparation for the interview as well!

Good luck!
I'll take the TSA also at 1pm, but my interviews start at 3:15! :p:
Reply 631
I finally got one -
but it was the most terrifyng experience:
i called in with my college coulselor becz i hadnt recieved a response for so long - and they told me that my application had been withdrawn in october!!
but thats not true.... so the lady told me, theres nothing she could do, i couldnt apply, too bad.
i was having an heartattack or something... my counselor went berserk on them, saying that no one had withdrawn it, and this wasnt my fault etc etc... talked to every single person at that college... they all said we will see...
we called UCAS and they said it wasnt withdrawn, cambridge was just making a mistake...
so we call cambridge again and the woman on the phone said, yes im writing you a mail right now... wait 5 mins. she wouldnt tell me what it was about and closed the phone.
i was going crazy by then, swearing at everything at sight...
then i checked an architecture interview on the 10th!
ahh... so relieved.=)
Reply 632
I still havent heard :redface: :frown:

does that mean Im rejected?

i doubt it, it probably just means the sps interviews are being sent out late.....im sure you will get one soon.
Reply 634
Their office hasnt closed yet - call them now. theyll tell you whats going on
Reply 635
Senem_09
Their office hasnt closed yet - call them now. theyll tell you whats going on

it says on the webpage they close at 4.30 pm?
Reply 636
it also says that they were at lunch break at 1pm, but thats when i called and they were there. its worth a shot...
Reply 637
I got an interview but I have to stay overnight :s Anyone know what the Forecourt Porters' Lodge is like? I can't find any information online and they haven't told me anything other than the fact that I will staying there.
hurray for st. john's! finally got an interview for medicine!
Reply 639
Im really disappointed now I havent heard :frown:

I think Ill call them on monday, as it's too late now anyway, but Im not having much hope anymore.

:bawling:

today is such a horrible day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending