The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St John's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Funkachillislap
Hey guys; just thought i'd say hey again and cheers to all those who hung out at the JCR these last two days; it was great not having to stress about work. In case people dont know who i am, im sam, the engineer from newcastle :biggrin: Good luck to everyone!
also hey to all the freshers who let me hang out in your room last night, hope you wernt feeling too bad this morning!

Oooh, who let you hang out in their room? Were all the freshers nice to you? I tried to be friendly but I think I probably scared people...my friend wasn't too helpful either...
Me: "What are you hoping to study?"
Interviewee: "Law"
Friend (Lawyer): "OH MY GOD, don't do it, it's the biggest mistake you'll ever make! You'll seriously regret it!!"
Me and interviewee: "O_o"
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
haha, that doesnt sound too encouraging. The people i hung out with were in B22 of cripps, i think one of the girls was called nina (NatSci) and a few engineers; one cool new Zealand guy. Im terrible with names though. I also spoke to a Guy from RGS newcastle who was doing engineering; and yeah they were all really nice, friendly and helpful! If you know who they are can you say thanx :smile: i think they'll know who i am.
just got the long wait now...
Funkachillislap
haha, that doesnt sound too encouraging. The people i hung out with were in B22 of cripps, i think one of the girls was called nina (NatSci) and a few engineers; one cool new Zealand guy. Im terrible with names though. I also spoke to a Guy from RGS newcastle who was doing engineering; and yeah they were all really nice, friendly and helpful! If you know who they are can you say thanx :smile: i think they'll know who i am.
just got the long wait now...

Nina, Jake, Pete, Logan (New Zealand guy)? Ahh they're all really lovely :biggrin: Except Jake...he's a bit rapey. aKarma and caaakeeey will know what I'm talking about...
aKarma

caaakeeey

Nah, we love Rapey-Jake really :smile:
Yeah, thats them. Which one was jake? curly haired rower?? you wernt one of the few singing rather loudly that night were you? My room was on B staircase you see. Just out of interest, what proportion of you guys are from state/public schools?
lol, who watched the hangover in f13 with us?
Funkachillislap
Yeah, thats them. Which one was jake? curly haired rower?? you wernt one of the few singing rather loudly that night were you? My room was on B staircase you see. Just out of interest, what proportion of you guys are from state/public schools?

Yep, that's Jake :smile: Affectionately known as Pampers...
Nope, wasn't singing...If this was Sunday night, I was packing in my room :frown:
Reply 1106
Haha SoapyDish, I think I chatted to you for a while in the JCR on Wednesday when everybody else was having dinner!
You have a blog right? I've been reading it, I think.
jennihi
Haha SoapyDish, I think I chatted to you for a while in the JCR on Wednesday when everybody else was having dinner!
You have a blog right? I've been reading it, I think.

Not me I'm afraid, I left on Monday! Don't know any other Sophies...
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who was at the JCR past Wednesday and Thursday. You guys really made me feel at home, I had a great time! :smile:
I didn't do well during my interviews though, so I know that when I left it was for good! :frown:
Reply 1109
SoapyDish
Not me I'm afraid, I left on Monday! Don't know any other Sophies...

Oh too bad! I'm pretty sure the person I talked to was called Sophie or Sophia and certainly did NatSci.
I think i know who your talking about but i dont know her name either. Green hoody and wore her slippers? (tartan and very padded). She did Phys NatSci. I think she told every1 how her parents were moving to warwick when she was thinking of applying, so she didnt apply there... The things you remember!
Reply 1111
that's her! well whoever it was she was nice
Reply 1112
Is anyone still in college now? Coming up tomorrow as I've got my interview the following day and sooo nervous!! :woo:
DLCB
Is anyone still in college now? Coming up tomorrow as I've got my interview the following day and sooo nervous!! :woo:

:hello:

I'm helping out in the JCR tomorrow morning and evening (blonde hair, ginger beard, generally sleepy) and there'll be people there in the afternoon so do pop along =-). I can't tell you not to be nervous but hopefully it'll be a pleasant and interesting couple of days whatever.

To everyone else hope you gave a good account of yourselves at interview and didn't hate the experience. Do feedback opinions and whatnot!
Question to all my fellow applicants: have you heard anything about this data protection thing? I really can't remember reading about it in the e-mails and letters I received from St. John's, but I'm starting to think that I overlooked it as I wasn't asked to sign anything during interview either :s-smilie:
Reply 1115
_Claudia_
Question to all my fellow applicants: have you heard anything about this data protection thing? I really can't remember reading about it in the e-mails and letters I received from St. John's, but I'm starting to think that I overlooked it as I wasn't asked to sign anything during interview either :s-smilie:

maybe you could mail them and ask
Reply 1116
Um what's this data protection thing you're talking about?:confused:
_Claudia_

Nope I didn't get one. It's probably only some colleges doing it. :smile:
I heard about it before hand but was never asked to sign anything when i was there :s
_Claudia_

no, i didn't hear anything about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending