The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

The Official 2006 Bangor Results/Offers/Good luck thread!

I don't know about anyone else but I've lost track of who is coming and who isn't, so I'm doing a list of everyone who has posted that they are *hopefully!* coming to Bangor in September. After the Results Day next week, can everyone let me know if they got in or not and I'll update this first post with "accepted" by the persons name, so we all have a proper list of everyone, rather than having to search through numerous threads (like I'm doing now!) to see who is definitely descending on Bangor!

If I've left anyone out or something isn't quite right, please let me know via PM or the 2006 applicants thread, try to keep replies in this thread to a minimum as I'd like it as a reference kind of thing!

Here goes:

Helen_w (300pts, 260 at A2, Criminology and Criminal Justice/Psychology) IN!!!

mia gen - Colette (300pts, 260 at A2, BSc Psychology) IN!!!

meg (240pts, 180 at A2, Sports Science with Outdoor Activities) IN!!!

dani_88 (220pts with a C in French, French and Spanish) IN!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs:

kels488 (260 pts, Psychology) IN!!!

nodmolecan40 (Geography, unconditional) IN!!!

princess_amy (300 pts, Psychology) IN!!!

Crazynluvinlife (280pts, Marine Vertebrate Zoology) IN!!!

Pink_Chick (300pts, 260 at A2, Psychology) IN!!!

magnad (240pts with a C in Spanish, French, Spanish and German) IN!!!

Sash ( 240pts, Sociology) IN!!!

Little_soph ( 220pts, Religious Studies) IN!!!

Lime_01 (220pts, Design Tech Teaching) IN!!!

rosie0204 (260pts, Linguistics) IN!!!

SlightlyAbby ( Psychology) IN!!!

befskulls (32 International Baccalaureate pts, Psych with Neuropsych) IN!!!!

milton ( Creative Studies, Unconditional) IN!!!

jimsun ( Environmental Science, Unconditional) IN!!!

Lofty (CCC, Ocean Science ) IN!!! (via insurance)

Amlea (Linguistics) IN!!! (via insurance)

Vyse12 (History with Journalism) IN!!!

stefjarvis (History and Archeology) IN!!!

*jessie* (Biomedical Science) IN!!!

mizlegz (Chemistry and Sports Science) IN!!! (via insurance)

alehandro (Computer Science) IN!!!

Final thing, is just to say, good luck! You'll all be fine, Bangor quite often let people in even if they don't meet their offer. I didn't meet mine and still got in! Just don't panic until you really really need to, it's not worth it!

I'm looking forward to seeing all the "I Got In" threads and posts next Thursday :biggrin:.

P.S - As this is kind of an official "I've got in" and "Results" thread, when you get the decision from Bangor, post in here what your offer was, what you achieved and whether you're coming!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I had a letter from Bangor today, saying what to do if I don't get the grades and stuff...

How far in advance is it exactly that the uni gets your results?

:eek:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Everyone gets that letter, regardless of their grades. Bangor will get grades on Sunday.
Reply 3
Yeah i got mine yesterday :smile:
Reply 4
I know Alevel results aren't out yet but can I have my 'I got in!' moment? I got my IB results in july, I got 38 points and needed 32 so I'm in yaaaay!!!!! I got the 'reply to confrim your place' thingy off ucas yesterday and sent it back about half an hour ago :biggrin:
Reply 5
Excellent! See you in September! Well done!
Reply 6
I would like to correct mine, I need a C in Spanish only, not all the other languages :p:
Reply 7
Looking back there was someone called Anna, but that was in November.
Isn't it werid that there are no music hopefulls this year? Last year there were quite a few but I suppose its because there was a 10% drop in Music applications nationwide this year.

Anyway, Good Luck and like Nat said Bangor is very good for those who missed their offers..I got CDE and my offer was (BBC or 280 points) and I got in without having to beg. My boyfriend who is in the Business Dept. also missed his offer by a bit and he got in too.
Reply 9
I know of one, who is registered on www.bangoronline.net:)
sexysax
I know of one, who is registered on www.bangoronline.net:)

I know one is called Helen something - she is the fresher in Neuadd Willis with me.

(hehe totally seperate thing but my granddad heard about the creep that put the camera in the shared bathroom and from what the news report suggested, Emrys Evans is apparently a new building!)
hey guys, haven't been around much lately, because i'm without a pc and net access =( yup it truely does suck!!!! but, just in case i'm not around before thursday, just wanted to wish EVERYONE GOOD LUCK!! and i hope to see you all in a few weeks time!! lots of love, pc xXx
Reply 12
I Got Iiiiiiin!!!
Reply 13
*dances*

*falls back asleep*

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: YAY!
Reply 14
Well done to everyone who got in!

Apparantly there are problems replying to this thread, but I will update the main post when I get information!
Reply 15
Good luck everyone :smile:
Yes im doing this for Nat to see if i can reply :p:
Reply 16
Woohoo, i'm in! Disappointed with my grades, but it was enough to get me in anyway!

Seeya there!
Reply 17
Lofty
Woohoo, i'm in! Disappointed with my grades, but it was enough to get me in anyway!

Seeya there!

Ill ditto that.. Well my grades aren't amazing but im not completely disappointed! I got an E in physics and i dont think thats too bad - since we had to teach ourselves the A2 coz we didnt have a physics teacher all year lol!

I just cant wait to start now.. so pleased :biggrin: well done all!!
Well done everyone who's made it to Bangor! I too am a bit disappointed with my grades but heyho I'm in anyway (C800 Psychology), and right now that's what matters! Just got my letter from UCAS in the post.
Fingers crossed for everyone else :wink:
Abby:ciao:
Congratulations to everyone who's got in!

I too shall join the ranks of having grades less than I needed, but I did get in.
I recieved my UCAS letter this morning, whilst eating breakfast, so before I got my results I knew I was in ^^ I started crying on the couch because I was just so happy lol.

Shall see everyone soon during Welcome Week! Now I have the joyous task of trying to figure out just exactly what to bring with me lol

Latest