Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Few questions about living on campus.

ss
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonn123
Hey, so Nottingham is one of the Universities that I'm currently considering.

I've never lived away from home before and I have some really basic questions, some may seem stupid or obvious but I'll ask anyway!

1. How does Post/Mail work? Does your Mail come directly through your room's door or do you have to collect it from another building or the reception or something?

There are mail boxes in the common rooms with letters on. If your surname begins with T, your mail will be in the T pigeonhole.

2. Are Utilities covered in the price that you pay for the room or do you have to pay these on top? If they are covered/included in the price, is there any kind of Fair Usage Policy on how much water/electric you use?

Gas, water, electricity, Internet are all included. I can't remember if there's a FUP, but you'd have to do something extreme as I don't think anyone has ever been told off for using too much. Internet-wise, you just can't download peer-to-peer really.

3. How does the Heating work? Do you have your own thermostat or is the building just regulated at a constant comfortable temperature?

It may depend between some of the refurbished halls and for newer en-suite rooms, but typically you can control the radiator and of course, open the window.

4. Where do you store your own personal food and drink? Do you have a specific shelf in the fridge or anything or would you have to take your own small fridge with you?

You are given a good size fridge in your room. You also have a small shared kitchen with toaster, microwave, kettle etc, not that people really use them. People tend to keep food in their rooms but it's only really snacks, fruit, drinks, etc that people tend to have.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending