Have an exam and can't sleep Watch

Dilzo999
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
9 pm, 9 ****ing pm I tried going to sleep, just layed in my bed for about 5 ****ing hours, I can't believe this 5 ****ing hours and I still can't sleep. Any tips? I've tried everything, counting sheep, frogs, horses nothing works. I tried making origami to take my mind off things and nothings working. So right now I'm doing a past paper and then probably go to sleep when I'm sleepy but then I'm worried I'd oversleep cause that does tend to happen. . Yesterday I went to sleep at 10 and woke up at 7 perfectly yet it's not happening today and I'm seriously frustrated.

wawa9320
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah it happens. And when you start stressing about sleeping it makes it even harder. If you feel tired my advice would be to just lie in bed even if you can't sleep (and try to not stress about the fact you can't sleep as that would just make it worse).

This has happened to me many times, and I have still past the exam with flying colours. So don't automatically think **** am going to fail this exam tomorrow because I can't sleep.

Good luck.
pureandmodest
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dilzo999)
9 pm, 9 ****ing pm I tried going to sleep, just layed in my bed for about 5 ****ing hours, I can't believe this 5 ****ing hours and I still can't sleep. Any tips? I've tried everything, counting sheep, frogs, horses nothing works. I tried making origami to take my mind off things and nothings working. So right now I'm doing a past paper and then probably go to sleep when I'm sleepy but then I'm worried I'd oversleep cause that does tend to happen. . Yesterday I went to sleep at 10 and woke up at 7 perfectly yet it's not happening today and I'm seriously frustrated.
aw
this works for me
i just listen to music, real calm stuff, that puts my mind to sleep
and then i doze off :c
homestud
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sometimes I eat ice cream and rest early. I don't like cramming so if there's a scheduled exam I try to study 2 days before the exam. Just to make sure I have enough time to rest and be ready for the exam.

Lastly, I believe it is just a matter of study habits ( goo.gl/P2Mk4j ).
Dilzo999
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by pureandmodest)
aw
this works for me
i just listen to music, real calm stuff, that puts my mind to sleep
and then i doze off :c
I just sat there for 30mins listening to rain water and turns out, it actually helps. Thanks! .

(Original post by homestud)
Sometimes I eat ice cream and rest early. I don't like cramming so if there's a scheduled exam I try to study 2 days before the exam. Just to make sure I have enough time to rest and be ready for the exam.

Lastly, I believe it is just a matter of study habits ( goo.gl/P2Mk4j ).
Thanks, although the thing is I didn't even last minute cram, I've been revising for like weeks now and have been going to sleep at around 10ish and waking up at 7 as people said it's good to develop sleeping habits. Yet when it comes to the day of the exam I feel tired but then I just can't get to sleep which is the worst feeling ever. Oh well I only gained about 2 hours of sleep so at least that's better than none. Now I just need to down a **** ton of caffeine and do my best .
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know that feel, this happened to me today as well. Just have to down some energy drinks and hope for the best

Good luck with your exam!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads