Accomodation Advice Watch

blahblah08
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Dear all -
As an applicant who got RHul though Clearing, I looked through the RHul accomodation website and couldn't decide on which halls to stay at.

I would like to know which halls has
- Internet accessable with laptops
- Catered
- And maybe perhaps en-suite? But one can't ask for too much. As long as there are what was previously asked.

And also which one could you meet the most people (social wise)?

Thanks a bunch in advance people
xx
bengreen
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Kingswood 2 + Reid for every single specification.

Kingswood 1 for the first two.

Kingswood is the most social (but I am bias).
Katie_Mack
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I think most halls have internet access, with the exceptions of Williamson (demolished, you won't be there ) and Founders, which only has internet in the tv rooms to my knowledge.
The catered halls are Founders, Kingswood 1 and 2 (which is a mile off campus, where I am), I'm not sure about Reid, it should say on the website. Out of those, Kingswood 2 and Reid are ensuite. Gowar and Wedderburn, Runnymede 1 and 2 are also ensuite but self-catered.

Gowar and Wedderburn use swipe-cards to get into the halls, Runnymede is the same but with keys, so you can only get into your flat (and possibly the flat opposite in Runnymede) without someone having to let you in which could make meeting people harder. Unless you prop the doors open with fire hydrants.
Char_lotte
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Don't want to be too corrupting an influence, and obviously I wasn't in Gowar/Wedderburn/Runnymede last year, but from having friends there i'd say they were the worst halls. They're very luxurious but a bit limited - you have to buzz people in so if you don't get on with the 8 ppl you're put with you can be isolated. Its about luck really. One of my friends loved it and got on with everyone on her corridor, but another dropped out as she didn't like them. Every hall has its own community really and its about chance and what you make of it. I was so gutted to be in Williamson but ended up loving it. RIP!
Drunk_Kid_Catholic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, I second that- I was so gutted last year finding out that I wasn't on G&W, but I'm so glad now that I was put in Reid. Plus, you Kingswood peeps get your own little community, really close knit.

Also, you can swap rooms if you find some one willing to swap, but you have to go through the accommodation office.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (161)
18.51%
No (528)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (181)
20.8%

Watched Threads