mmahedi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all, i just did my English Language exam. Does anyone know, what the grade boundaries would be like for this exam?
SgtStiffler
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
31 for an A*, 26 for an A, 21 for a B, 17 for a C. I think it's the right one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SgtStiffler
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Those were for WJEC. My exam was great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
brown_eyes
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SgtStiffler)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which exam and paper are those for ?
irMike
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For AQA it'll be like

A* = 61
A = 54
B = 46
C = 38

I guess
Roadman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by irMike)
For AQA it'll be like

A* = 61
A = 54
B = 46
C = 38

I guess
I really hope so I missed out Question 4 so the maximum I can get is 64. My responses were average too so I I'd be lucky to get 40 or over
irMike
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Roadman)
I really hope so I missed out Question 4 so the maximum I can get is 64. My responses were average too so I I'd be lucky to get 40 or over
Ah don't worry about It man, I messed up on my Poetry paper too, So long as you pass it's not an issue, Unless you're doing it for A Level, then you might want an A/B, but otherwise, don't worry about it too much, your future depends more on your A levels.
Roadman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah don't worry about It man, I messed up on my Poetry paper too, So long as you pass it's not an issue, Unless you're doing it for A Level, then you might want an A/B, but otherwise, don't worry about it too much, your future depends more on your A levels.
I'm not doing it for A Level I just need a pass. I am just a bit paranoid because if you don't pass I think you have to give up an AS Level to redo English Language.

If I got like an A/B in English Literature & a D in English Language (I think a D is unlikely as my coursework for English Language is definitely above a C) what would happen to me?
irMike
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not doing it for A Level I just need a pass. I am just a bit paranoid because if you don't pass I think you have to give up an AS Level to redo English Language.

If I got like an A/B in English Literature & a D in English Language (I think a D is unlikely as my coursework for English Language is definitely above a C) what would happen to me?
You might have to retake it, but I doubt you'd have to give up an A Level, it'd just involve you probably attending a few sessions or revising yourself for the exam the same time a year later, But it's unlikely, Even having missed a 16 marker, and even with average answers, a C is quite likely, maybe even a B, Don't worry yourself, you'll be fine.
Roadman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You might have to retake it, but I doubt you'd have to give up an A Level, it'd just involve you probably attending a few sessions or revising yourself for the exam the same time a year later, But it's unlikely, Even having missed a 16 marker, and even with average answers, a C is quite likely, maybe even a B, Don't worry yourself, you'll be fine.
Thanks for the reassurance pal. Knowing me I'll keep thinking about it and worry myself more even though it probably won't be a bad grade in the end. I know it could all end badly though and I will just make myself anxious thinking about it so I will try not to and try to get on with the rest of the exams.
SgtStiffler
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by brown_eyes)
Which exam and paper are those for ?
WJCE English language Unit 1&2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
brown_eyes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks for the reassurance pal. Knowing me I'll keep thinking about it and worry myself more even though it probably won't be a bad grade in the end. I know it could all end badly though and I will just make myself anxious thinking about it so I will try not to and try to get on with the rest of the exams.
Isn't it like 60% coursework? Seriously don't worry I think you'd end up with a B and people around the country genuinely found it a little difficult! Good luck for the rest of your exams
brown_eyes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
WJCE English language Unit 1&2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aren't those quite high? And what would the grade boundaries be like overall of both papers (out of 80) ?
SgtStiffler
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not sure, I think they're quite low. I assume you double them to get the overall for both papers...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roadman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by brown_eyes)
Isn't it like 60% coursework? Seriously don't worry I think you'd end up with a B and people around the country genuinely found it a little difficult! Good luck for the rest of your exams
Everyone I have asked said 60% exam
Also, thank you, good luck to you too
Lollililypop
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it is. When I took the mock, I got 19/40 a C and my friend got 22/40 and got a B.

Quick question, If you were to get 60% A/A* in coursework, 20% a B (if I get a B in writing) and a C/B in Reading, what would my overall grade be? Thanks
Lollililypop
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Everyone I have asked said 60% exam
Also, thank you, good luck to you too
It is 20% each exam. So 40%. We got a sheet with how much each piece is worth in percentage! How did you do?
SgtStiffler
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I guess you're not aware that they took away the speaking grade and now that doesn't count as coursework (unless you're Welsh). This means that the reading and writing are now 30% each instead of 20%, so those were 60% and your coursework counts for 40%. I'd say with those grades you'd probably get a B, but if you do get an A* in your coursework you might get an A.
Lollililypop
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am sure you will. I am worried that I will not get a B in English Language even though 60% of my work I have done is an A and an A* in one. But if I got a C/B in reading paper (20%) and a B/A in writing (20%), would I still get a A/B?
Lollililypop
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just checked. Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (94)
38.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.46%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise