Pakistani cousin marriage, Watch

vickidc18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
According, to the born in bradford study , congenital anomalies are a leading cause of infant death and disability and their incidence varies between ethnic groups in the UK. Rates of infant death are highest in children of Pakistani origin, and congenital anomalies are the most common cause of death in children younger than 12 in this ethnic group. this has be attributed to cousin marriage, cousin marriage has twice the risk of subsequent offspring having a congenital abnormality, The NHS are spending millions of pounds a year treating infants with genetic conditions because of the parents being blood relations, what's the reason for the high prevalence of cousin marriage in the pakistani community? should cousin marriage be banned or forced genetic testing? http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...article_upsell
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vickidc18)
According, to the born in bradford study , congenital anomalies are a leading cause of infant death and disability and their incidence varies between ethnic groups in the UK. Rates of infant death are highest in children of Pakistani origin, and congenital anomalies are the most common cause of death in children younger than 12 in this ethnic group. this has be attributed to cousin marriage, cousin marriage has twice the risk of subsequent offspring having a congenital abnormality, The NHS are spending millions of pounds a year treating infants with genetic conditions because of the parents being blood relations, what's the reason for the high prevalence of cousin marriage in the pakistani community? should cousin marriage be banned or forced genetic testing? http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...article_upsell
I wonder if many of them realise, when they marry their close family, that there are risks of genetic disease in the offspring. Maybe what is needed is a public awareness campaign?
matthewduncan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Isnt it the indians that do that not pakistanis ?
tengentoppa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maybe Pakistan should divert some of its funds for nuclear energy towards educating vast areas of Pakistan which are uneducated and frankly barbaric? Why we give them and India financial aid I will never know.
vickidc18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by matthewduncan)
Isnt it the indians that do that not pakistanis ?
A lot of Indian hindus think marrying cousins is incest, its more prevalent in pakistan.
matthewduncan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vickidc18)
A lot of Indian hindus think marrying cousins is incest, its more prevalent in pakistan.
o seen are you hindu?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (23)
15.13%
Yes - a food allergy (14)
9.21%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (4)
2.63%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (6)
3.95%
No (105)
69.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise