i think for your password it would be:
06jul88

:smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
The portal no longer seems to accept my login.
its because you are now afresher, and everyone hates freshers ... prepare to be victimised!
Reply 4
my portal still wont work properly :s: just have some message about being there in september
Reply 5
Has anyone successfully used SelfReg this year? It's still telling me my DOB and student number don't match...
Reply 6
Finally got signed up to selfreg... How long does it normally take before you can log in?
Reply 7
-Pete-
Finally got signed up to selfreg... How long does it normally take before you can log in?

up to 48 hours I think it says - but it could be sooner.
Reply 8
Cool, thanks for the quick reply. I was worried I'd somehow banjaxed what seemed to be a relatively simple signup process by the fact it wasn't working.

Do you change your password on just Athens, or on Groupwise and Athens?
Reply 9
everything. Don't leave anything as its default. If you ever lose your smartcard (or someone else finds your surname, student ID number, and date of birth, they can find your default password, as presuming you haven't changed it, they can get access to all your university accounts and change the password to something you don't know.

Never really used Athens though...
Reply 10
Fair enough. Will do as soon as I can get onto it. The Portal seems to be down today anyway. I'm just interested to find out what floor/room I've got. :smile:

I've got into email now, but it's not letting me change the password yet. I'll try it tomorrow again I guess...

Also, my email is showing as *******@gwmail.nottingham.ac.uk instead of *******@nottingham.ac.uk
Reply 11
-Pete-
Fair enough. Will do as soon as I can get onto it. The Portal seems to be down today anyway. I'm just interested to find out what floor/room I've got. :smile:

I've got into email now, but it's not letting me change the password yet. I'll try it tomorrow again I guess...

Also, my email is showing as *******@gwmail.nottingham.ac.uk instead of *******@nottingham.ac.uk

either one works... they're essentially both the same. Out of interest, are the second two letters of your username YA or ZA? (or something completely different...)
Reply 12
actually, never mind - it's YA. Just looked you up on the groupwise address book :biggrin:

Blair, eh? No relation I assume...
Reply 13
self reg? 1st years cant register online can they? :s:
woah alex you loser ... yea i was wondering about whether they would go for za or not since staff are z.

I dont think you can change your athens password, because its a password for so many databases and stuff. I have never changed min anyway, it just stays as your default.
Reply 15
alex-HSH
actually, never mind - it's YA. Just looked you up on the groupwise address book :biggrin:

Blair, eh? No relation I assume...

Yeah it's YA. And dear god no. I'm expecting to hear that one over the coming weeks. A lot.

Currently setting up my facebook. There's a hell of a lot of information to put in!
Reply 16
you can change your athens password, cause I changed mine!
Reply 17
I kind of get the hypnotic appeal of facebook now... Having just spent the last hour or so engrossed in it!
The portal is down atm because of heavy updating. Dont worry if you cant login. It should be up and running again by nightfall.
Reply 19
.jen.
self reg? 1st years cant register online can they? :s:

this is to register for a university username/password and email account, not proper registration. You only have to register for your username once, whereas you have to register for the university at the start of every academic year. Freshers and people changing courses have to register in person, and 2nd yeas and above can do it online from 2006 onwards. (In previous years, everyone had to go and register in the sports centre)

Latest

Trending

Trending