TheBob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just did the English Language exam - I choice question 2 of language acquisition.
Just wondering if for the literacy question (reading) if you were allowed to talk about language development - phonetics, discourse, pragmatics, behaviourist, nativist, interactionist etc - even though it was a reading question?
The children were reading out loud and a teacher or mother was prompting and giving feedback...
The vast majority of my answer was based on speech development so have I completely messed up?:confused:
kastiel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Of course you were allowed to talk about them! They relate to language and the literacy development of children! I did the same question
TheBob
Rep:
?
(Original post by kastiel)
Of course you were allowed to talk about them! They relate to language and the literacy development of children! I did the same question
Great! It's just I only realise the question specifically said 'referring to literacy development' half way through my answer - I though literacy was just reading and writing
kastiel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheBob)
Great! It's just I only realise the question specifically said 'referring to literacy development' half way through my answer - I though literacy was just reading and writing
I love those questions because you really can talk about anything language related (from both years!)

I wouldn't stress too much, you've written about child language, and that is all that really matters!
TheBob
Rep:
?
(Original post by kastiel)
I love those questions because you really can talk about anything language related (from both years!)

I wouldn't stress too much, you've written about child language, and that is all that really matters!
I agree... Was a great exam to really show your knowledge. Thanks for the info. How did yours go?
kastiel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheBob)
I agree... Was a great exam to really show your knowledge. Thanks for the info. How did yours go?
Really well, I think. I didn't panic, which is always a bonus, and managed to keep writing for almost the entire time! Shoved in as much terminology as possible, and hoped for the best

Not much we can do now other than wait, so I shan't dwell on it
I thought the texts were really fair this year, nothing too far out of the ordinary and what we had been prepared for!
nickludds
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thank. God. I just had to do Question 2 because the thought of trying to explain how the kid interacted with his toy gave me a headache! But I am far more confident with the spoken stuff so I was hoping I'd get away with it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads