The Student Room Group

Are you happy with your name?

Just wanted to know whether people approve of their parents (or whoever) giving them your name that you are stuck with (unless you change it of course).

Me personally I hate my name, I mean I dont know anybody else called a "Norin" and people always pronounce it wrong.

Scroll to see replies

I love my name bhenchod
Original post by Norin
Just wanted to know whether people approve of their parents (or whoever) giving them your name that you are stuck with (unless you change it of course).

Me personally I hate my name, I mean I dont know anybody else called a "Norin" and people always pronounce it wrong.

Yeah I really like my name.

How do you pronounce Norin? I've never heard it before but that's good in some ways as it's unique no? :smile:
I used to have a big issue with my name, it's hyphenated (Toni-Ann) so I would always get annoyed when people shortened it to Toni because when I was younger I just hated that name but about two years ago I started liking it and now I just go by Toni, only people who used to know me from before call me by my full name. I used to joke that my parents wanted different sexes and that's why I ended up with half a girl name and the other half a boy name, it's been a struggle like Toe-Knee or TA, a few variants of my name that I've come across and didn't help me liking my name but I've grown to love it. I don't think I'd suit any other name anyway
Very happy. Not gonna say it here because it's too unique and someone could easily find out who I am lmao. But yeah, even though I've had to put up with some of the most ridiculous pronunciations I've ever heard in my life and spelling mistakes (with some people inserting letters that aren't even there), I still love my name and it often becomes a conversation topic. People might ask about its origins, the meaning or just compliment how beautiful it sounds. Oh yeah, if I make a name for myself in whatever profession I can be known by my first name only like Beyonce or Madonna. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate my name. It's quadruple barrelled and then everyone seems to think that the double barrelled (first name) is my whole name, but since I'm chinese as well they assume that I'm missing a letter E and it just makes everything all disgusting and eewy
I'm Annais :wavey: lol

Pronounced Anna ees. I like my name I spose but sometimes people can't pronounce it when they see it. Then I have to chat slow like they're retarded...or I'm retarded :s-smilie:

"It's Aaaaannnnaaaa eeeeessss."
Reply 7
Sometimes
Reply 8
I'm fairly fond of my name, Katie. Although I know far too many people named Katie to make it lovable.

My last name is an absolute nightmare though. Nobody can spell it correctly, ever D:
Original post by Rebel_Chick
I'm Annais :wavey: lol

Pronounced Anna ees. I like my name I spose but sometimes people can't pronounce it when they see it. Then I have to chat slow like they're retarded...or I'm retarded :s-smilie:

"It's Aaaaannnnaaaa eeeeessss."

What's your ethnic background
Original post by Straight up G

My mum is full English my dad is Eng/Swedish. :s-smilie: It seems to be French a lot of the time and my mum is posh and probably liked the sound of it. I get compliments often but people say Charlotte fits me better lol
Original post by Straight up G

Now I ask what is yours?
No, everyone's dog is called Tilly.
My name has always been easy for others to pronounce because its simply and unique.

- Lloyd
I don't like mine :frown:
I think people should be able to choose something later in life that feels more like them, if they're not comfortable with it.

I've been using Aivi for a few years, because my real name is very similar to a famous singer's, and I became incredibly sick of having her crappy music sung at me whenever I introduced myself! :lol:
I hate my name .. I just don't like how it is really.. :s-smilie:
Original post by Aivicore
I think people should be able to choose something later in life that feels more like them, if they're not comfortable with it.

I've been using Aivi for a few years, because my real name is very similar to a famous singer's, and I became incredibly sick of having her crappy music sung at me whenever I introduced myself! :lol:

What singer is your real name similar to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Love ma name
Original post by James2810
What singer is your real name similar to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My real name is Rihanna. :unimpressed:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending