Student finance for EU students on NHS courses (NI) Watch

Nuds
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I've been accepted onto the speech and language therapy course in university of ulster next September and I'm trying to work out if I'm entitled to any maintenance grants or if I can apply for a maintenance loan.. I'm an EU student and because speech therapy is an allied health professionals course, the tuition fees are paid for by the NHS but I'll need help covering my living costs next year. I rang student finance NI who told me to get in contact with the university and usually there would be some kind of grant available to EU students or you can apply for a similar loan to those available to NI students (get the money and pay it back after you're earning over 16,000) but when I rang the student support office they told me I wasn't entitled to any grant or loan because I'm not from Northern Ireland and because of the tuition fees being paid for. I'm almost sure I was told that there were grants and loans available to students from the Republic of Ireland at the information evening for health science courses, does anyone have any info or advice they could give me on this? I was told to apply for a grant from the Irish student finance system (SUSI) but I don't qualify for a loan or grant because I'm just outside the means tested bracket. Can anyone help? :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
6.99%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.41%
I don't think they'd understand (57)
15.32%
It might lead to more bullying (145)
38.98%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.3%

Watched Threads