The Student Room Group

English Language GCSE coursework grade boundaries?

Can someone tell me the AQA grade boundaries for last years coursework for English Language? I know the maximum mark is 80. Thanks
Original post by AlphaNick
72/80 for A*

I got 72/80 overall this year, so I hope it stays the same! Thank you
My teacher said that they can't really go higher than 72, and if anything, they'll be lowered this year. I also got 72 :smile:
Original post by AlphaNick
For the record, it was 72/80 in both June 2013 and November 2013, so if I had to guess it would probably be similar, if not the same this year tbh

I think i messed up on all of the writing section, i barely used any DAFOREST technqiues, I tried to do satire, sentence variety, rhetorical questions, direct address, opinions, I didn't include any numerical facts though, is that bad? For Q5 i barely had any time, rushed it could barely use any techniques

I attempted satire by saying the solution to prevent social networking sites from taking over youths lives is by abolishing the internet, and i added hints of sarcasm, saying things like this is the only solution. Do you think this is actually satire, im not 100% sure of the concept, so im worried what i wrote may not make any sense.

Please tell me if this is good enough for Q5:

I wrote that they should offer a water slide as it allows children to experience the joy and excitement of being out doors.
I wrote they should include a good selection of music as that determines whether many youth come to a music event.
I also wrote a good selection of acitvities is important.

I pretty much just wrote a point and gave a quick description and explanation 3 times without, using any daforest techniques or even attempting to use a wide vocabulary. My paragraph lengths were pretty much the same, I think some of my sentences may not have made sense. I attempted some sentence variety but I don't think that made sense either. I wrote "Happily, many teenagers would attend a summer festival with a good selection of music".

Can you give me a mark based on that information? Tell it to me straight, I know it was a poor answer but I barely had any time, the question was super weird I wasn't sure who the audience was, and wasted time trying to think of any relevant points. It was such a bad question......

please respond

Quick Reply

Latest