A2 English Literature AQA 2014 (6th June) Watch

gameissomething
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
so. predictions, anyone? I'm doing Macbeth, The White Devil and The Bloody Chamber.
khadeejahhh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing As You Like It, Brideshead Revisited and pastoral poetry post 1945 -.- i'm sooo dreading this exam! :'(
gameissomething
Rep:
?
(Original post by khadeejahhh)
I'm doing As You Like It, Brideshead Revisited and pastoral poetry post 1945 -.- i'm sooo dreading this exam! :'(
I feel exactly the same way! It's my last exam so it just feels like everything rests on how well I do in this one... :cry: Good luck, though! I'm sure you'll be fine
khadeejahhh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gameissomething)
I feel exactly the same way! It's my last exam so it just feels like everything rests on how well I do in this one... :cry: Good luck, though! I'm sure you'll be fine
Aww lucky you, I have two more to go! :O But yeah I know how you feel, I've applied to do English at university and I need at least a B in this Good luck to you too!
gameissomething
Rep:
?
(Original post by FrancisSin)
I hope this exam is on anything but setting. But saying that now I've probably jinxed myself :/
I agree, I would hate to get a question on setting. Especially for Macbeth, as it's the text we've revised the most... Oh god what if it's setting :afraid:
Will Costello
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This exam is easily the one where the most could go wrong for me. It's my first one as well so it'll be the benchmark for how I feel about the rest of them!

I'm doing Doctor Faustus, Frankenstein and the Bloody Chamber.
SaraMc
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know if there is there any way setting can come up for section A Macbeth?
gameissomething
Rep:
?
(Original post by Will Costello)
This exam is easily the one where the most could go wrong for me. It's my first one as well so it'll be the benchmark for how I feel about the rest of them!

I'm doing Doctor Faustus, Frankenstein and the Bloody Chamber.
Oh good luck! It's my last so it'll either make or break my summer holidays... small comfort in the fact that grade boundaries are generally quite low, so there you go.
gameissomething
Rep:
?
(Original post by SaraMc)
Does anyone know if there is there any way setting can come up for section A Macbeth?
Let's sincerely hope not.
stephanie1674
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gameissomething)
Oh good luck! It's my last so it'll either make or break my summer holidays... small comfort in the fact that grade boundaries are generally quite low, so there you go.

How low?!! what do you need for an A
AmyCarty
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I didn't think the boundaries were that low, it depends on what everyone gets as a whole
I'm absolutely dreading this exam , the best case scenario would be a question about Lady Macbeth and/or the witches.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!!
kapfranos
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing Frankenstein, Faustus and Macbeth and I'm reeeeaaallly hoping on a section A about whether Frankenstein is a Gothic novel or not
I keep forgetting that I actually need to incorporate the Gothic elements into the essays
Setting wouldn't actually be that bad because you can talk about the Sublime and Wild landscape aspects of Gothic, its just memorising those sodding quotes
katebren9
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd be very surprised if they asked about setting for Section A with Macbeth...I know setting has already come up for Frankenstein and Section B in the past. I'm studying Macbeth, Frankenstein and The Bloody Chamber. Relying on Macbeth for Section A, or The Bloody Chamber if I can talk about The Snow Child and The Lady of The House of Love
skyejones
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone has any revision notes on:

- The Bloody Chamber
- The Changeling
- Northanger Abbey

Any would be appreciated!
SaxonMudge
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing The Bloody Chamber, Doctor Faustus and Wuthering Heights and I hope to God the question on Doctor Faustus part A is a nice one. I mean, can they talk about setting for Doctor Faustus...? Let's hope not...

For the Part B I would LOVE something on nature or maybe entrapment, but I think they've had those before :/

I know the information, I just struggle on writing the essays in time! Does anyone have any techniques for this?
Also, is anyone else finding The Bloody Chamber a nightmare to learn quotes for!?

I'm doing English and Drama at University and need an A in this! (Which for me is 50/80 UMS- so scared)

Best of luck to everyone! I hope we all get the questions we want!
kapfranos
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's not much setting for Faustus
You don't hear a lot about Wittenberg apart from his whole I want to encase it with brass and make the Rhine run around it
And you don't hear much about Rome itself
chananigans
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing Frankenstein, Macbeth and The Pardoner's Tale.
Literally praying for women, I think that's a gap really...
gameissomething
Rep:
?
(Original post by stephanie1674)
How low?!! what do you need for an A
Well generally it's around 44/80 for a B so I'm assuming it's not too bad for an A!
stephanie1674
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
so Guys how was it!!!!! LITB I DID WUTHERING HEIGHTS
SaxonMudge
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stephanie1674)
so Guys how was it!!!!! LITB I DID WUTHERING HEIGHTS
I thought it went well actually! I didn't look at the Wuthering Heights question but I did Faustus and the question was great!

How did you find Part B??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (67)
15.8%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (43)
10.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (80)
18.87%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
14.39%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (46)
10.85%
How can I be the best version of myself? (127)
29.95%

Watched Threads