emla001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Is anyone else doing WJEC English Lit this year - studying Donne poetry, Hamlet and RT? How is everyone revising in these last few days?
chloannabelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing Blake and Hamlet/TRT. What do you think is going to come up for Hamlet???
emla001
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloannabelle)
I'm doing Blake and Hamlet/TRT. What do you think is going to come up for Hamlet???
It's really hard to call, but the theme and role of women has never come up and that seems quite prominent in both Hamlet and RT? What do you think?
chloannabelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emla001)
It's really hard to call, but the theme and role of women has never come up and that seems quite prominent in both Hamlet and RT? What do you think?
I completely agree, women came up in about 2010 and once since but that seems to be a very prominent theme! I'm more confident on themes like corruption, justice, revenge though x
missat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is anyone doing Blake and The tempest with Dr Faustus?
Gagzz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hey how are you guys revising for English lit > in general????
emla001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gagzz)
hey how are you guys revising for English lit > in general????
I'm looking at my poetry flashcards which have got an analytical breakdown of the poems i've learnt, going over the quotes i've learnt for the drama section and then planning main themes. Also I had a read of some critical essays earlier which can be quite useful. You?
9henderrson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by missat)
Is anyone doing Blake and The tempest with Dr Faustus?
Yes
Gagzz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emla001)
I'm looking at my poetry flashcards which have got an analytical breakdown of the poems i've learnt, going over the quotes i've learnt for the drama section and then planning main themes. Also I had a read of some critical essays earlier which can be quite useful. You?
i really don't know how to effectively revise for English; thats why i asked
Rubyx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
anyone doing the tempest with dr Faustus and John Donne??
emla001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rubyx)
anyone doing the tempest with dr Faustus and John Donne??
I'm doing Donne!
missat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 9henderrson)
Yes
How many quotes are you learning for Faustus and how are you gonna link them to the Tempest?
9henderrson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by missat)
How many quotes are you learning for Faustus and how are you gonna link them to the Tempest?
I don't really learn quotes for Faustus. I know a few but A03 is split into two parts: A03i and A03ii.
One part is critical opinion and the other is link to Faustus, so 5/40 marks are for Faustus
Long story short I don't think you need the quotes for Faustus. I just always link the question to the flaws of human nature which is what fundamentally both The Tempest and Faustus are about, so I just talk refer to different parts of Faustus but won't necessarily do that many quotes.
stuck girl :(
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 9henderrson)
I don't really learn quotes for Faustus. I know a few but A03 is split into two parts: A03i and A03ii.
One part is critical opinion and the other is link to Faustus, so 5/40 marks are for Faustus
Long story short I don't think you need the quotes for Faustus. I just always link the question to the flaws of human nature which is what fundamentally both The Tempest and Faustus are about, so I just talk refer to different parts of Faustus but won't necessarily do that many quotes.

Can you still get language analysis marks if you do it that way? Iv been learning latin quotes...
elbury1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing Blake, The Tempest and Faustus. I've realised I am very good at the drama section as I've been revising it since January, however the poetry I am a bit awful at so am spending all of today learning poems. Does anyone think 10 is enough? I already know 5 so am planning on learning another 5, but need to spend tomorrow going over everything so don't think I'll have time to learn anymore :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
white-tea-shirt
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chloannabelle)
How are you revising for each of them ?
9henderrson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by stuck girl :()
Can you still get language analysis marks if you do it that way? Iv been learning latin quotes...
Faustus represents 12.5% of your essay so yeah, because almost all your language analysis should be coming from Tempest anyway, Faustus just serves to illuminate it.
To be fair A03 is split into A03i and A03ii, one is critics and one is Faustus relation and I've never got 5/5 on relating to Faustus, but I consistently get 4/5 and teachers say the way I do it is fine. Why have you learnt latin quotes...?
Gagzz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by elbury1)
I'm doing Blake, The Tempest and Faustus. I've realised I am very good at the drama section as I've been revising it since January, however the poetry I am a bit awful at so am spending all of today learning poems. Does anyone think 10 is enough? I already know 5 so am planning on learning another 5, but need to spend tomorrow going over everything so don't think I'll have time to learn anymore :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah that should be fine! but make sure you include the innocence and the experience side of blake and make sure you include infor about his illustrations as without these factors you wont be able to achieve that high band
elbury1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gagzz)
yeah that should be fine! but make sure you include the innocence and the experience side of blake and make sure you include infor about his illustrations as without these factors you wont be able to achieve that high band
Thank you! I'll go over context and AO3 for both T/F and Blake :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
9henderrson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gagzz)
Is commenting on the illustrations A02 high band or A04 high band?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (8)
8%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (10)
10%
No, but maybe I will look into it (25)
25%
No and I wouldn't consider it (57)
57%

Watched Threads