The Student Room Group

A Level Physics Question. Please help :)

I'm struggling with this past paper question. Could someone give me a complete step by step way of answering this. I've found the number of electrons, but can't get the number of photons!

A total charge of 3.52x10^–18 C was detected in a pixel. How many photons were incident on that pixel if the photon absorption efficiency is 40%?
Absorption efficiency is the percentage of incident photons that cause an electron to be promoted from the valence band to the conduction band.

Original post by Physics Mick
I'm struggling with this past paper question. Could someone give me a complete step by step way of answering this. I've found the number of electrons, but can't get the number of photons!

A total charge of 3.52x10^–18 C was detected in a pixel. How many photons were incident on that pixel if the photon absorption efficiency is 40%?
Absorption efficiency is the percentage of incident photons that cause an electron to be promoted from the valence band to the conduction band.

Heya, I'm just going to pop this in the Physics forum for you as you're bound to get a response there. :smile:
Original post by Physics Mick

Can you post the full question please? As it stands there is not enough information to answer.

i.e. what is the wavelength of the photons? what is the material absorbing the photons? work function or energy band gap between valance and conduction bands etc.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest