Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    This is a Christian country - hence saying Merry Christmas is fine - and whilst I am not a Christian I absolutely abhorre anyone who tries to infringe on our WASP culture.
    Of course, i didnt realise, by saying happy vaisakhi i am brainwashing you into adhering with "pointless rituals". my secret is out, the actual agenda of saying happy vaisakhi is to take over the world and plan a globe dominated by sikhs :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    You're remarkably incoherent.
    you confused him with the capital letters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    This is a Christian country - hence saying Merry Christmas is fine - and whilst I am not a Christian I absolutely abhorre anyone who tries to infringe on our WASP culture.
    you need to check the way the politics of this country are developing and where the directives and constitutions are taking it before you make such ignorant comments-as someone famous once said ..."Those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    Of course, i didnt realise, by saying happy vaisakhi i am brainwashing you into adhering with "pointless rituals". my secret is out, the actual agenda of saying happy vaisakhi is to take over the world and plan a globe dominated by sikhs :rolleyes:
    Ah haaaa. My cunning plan reveal the truth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Ah haaaa. My cunning plan reveal the truth!
    Congratulations i give up... and i would have got away with it had it not been for those pesky kids :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Sister)
    you need to check the way the politics of this country are developing and where the directives and constitutions are taking it before you make such ignorant comments-as someone famous once said ..."Those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts."
    You can't use quotes to replace common sense, Big Sister. Perhaps you might like, seeing as we are on the topic of politics - of which incidentally you seem to know very little - to check out the Home Secretary's plans for a "Citizenship Test". Or, indeed, to look at France, and how the Muslim population there is eroding France's secular culture.

ReputationRep:
    i thort vaisakhi was yday

ReputationRep:
    Politics does not reflect common sense, but affects our everyday lives!

ReputationRep:
    happy vaisakhi!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    You can't use quotes to replace common sense, Big Sister. Perhaps you might like, seeing as we are on the topic of politics - of which incidentally you seem to know very little - to check out the Home Secretary's plans for a "Citizenship Test". Or, indeed, to look at France, and how the Muslim population there is eroding France's secular culture.

ReputationRep:
    LIFE IS NOT ALL ABOUT WORK...AND WITH THE WAY OF THE MARKETS...WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN!
    Life's not all about celebrating key events in religions you know nothing about either. So, Happy Vaisaki to all Sikh members but pardon me for not wanting to join in with the festivities.

ReputationRep:
    Its funny to see how something I thought was pretty harmless can get out of hand. Its open to interpretation I guess..I just wanted to say happy vaisakhi...it would have been easier for some people to ignore the post.

I m sorry for offending all the people who had nothing better to do than to waste their energy being offended and then compelled to write a reply. I think "no response" or silence is an under rated gift.

PS I DID NOT ONCE SAY I WAS A SIKH...but everyone is quick to assume!

Happy Vaisakhi to all sikhs and to anyone who cares...wishing you all a good day. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Life's not all about celebrating key events in religions you know nothing about either. So, Happy Vaisaki to all Sikh members but pardon me for not wanting to join in with the festivities.

ReputationRep:
    I m sorry for offending all the people who had nothing better to do than to waste their energy being offended and then compelled to write a reply. I think "no response" or silence is an under rated gift.
    that's the bit i dont get... how is it offensive? well whatever, happy vaisakhi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    that's the bit i dont get... how is it offensive? well whatever, happy vaisakhi

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    i didnt think that there was a set date.. the worldwide celebrations are just spread about in a peiod of a week or so i think
    big sister why do you keep quoting everything??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    i didnt think that there was a set date.. the worldwide celebrations are just spread about in a peiod of a week or so i think
    ooo ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    ooo ok
    but i think that it also has something to do with the akhand path thing... where there is a 48hr non-stop reading. so the celebration is when you start or finish the reading or something. im not much of an expert sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    but i think that it also has something to do with the akhand path thing... where there is a 48hr non-stop reading. so the celebration is when you start or finish the reading or something. im not much of an expert sorry
    ur confusing me! lol! er...i aint sikh but i thort it was yday coz of this calendar thingie we've got

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.