This discussion is closed.
Dil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
This is a Christian country - hence saying Merry Christmas is fine - and whilst I am not a Christian I absolutely abhorre anyone who tries to infringe on our WASP culture.
Of course, i didnt realise, by saying happy vaisakhi i am brainwashing you into adhering with "pointless rituals". my secret is out, the actual agenda of saying happy vaisakhi is to take over the world and plan a globe dominated by sikhs :rolleyes:
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
You're remarkably incoherent.
you confused him with the capital letters
Big Sister
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
This is a Christian country - hence saying Merry Christmas is fine - and whilst I am not a Christian I absolutely abhorre anyone who tries to infringe on our WASP culture.
you need to check the way the politics of this country are developing and where the directives and constitutions are taking it before you make such ignorant comments-as someone famous once said ..."Those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts."
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
Of course, i didnt realise, by saying happy vaisakhi i am brainwashing you into adhering with "pointless rituals". my secret is out, the actual agenda of saying happy vaisakhi is to take over the world and plan a globe dominated by sikhs :rolleyes:
Ah haaaa. My cunning plan reveal the truth!
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Ah haaaa. My cunning plan reveal the truth!
Congratulations i give up... and i would have got away with it had it not been for those pesky kids :rolleyes:
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Big Sister)
you need to check the way the politics of this country are developing and where the directives and constitutions are taking it before you make such ignorant comments-as someone famous once said ..."Those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts."
You can't use quotes to replace common sense, Big Sister. Perhaps you might like, seeing as we are on the topic of politics - of which incidentally you seem to know very little - to check out the Home Secretary's plans for a "Citizenship Test". Or, indeed, to look at France, and how the Muslim population there is eroding France's secular culture.
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i thort vaisakhi was yday
Big Sister
Rep:
?
Politics does not reflect common sense, but affects our everyday lives!
x Dee x
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
happy vaisakhi!
Big Sister
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tek)
You can't use quotes to replace common sense, Big Sister. Perhaps you might like, seeing as we are on the topic of politics - of which incidentally you seem to know very little - to check out the Home Secretary's plans for a "Citizenship Test". Or, indeed, to look at France, and how the Muslim population there is eroding France's secular culture.
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
LIFE IS NOT ALL ABOUT WORK...AND WITH THE WAY OF THE MARKETS...WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN!
Life's not all about celebrating key events in religions you know nothing about either. So, Happy Vaisaki to all Sikh members but pardon me for not wanting to join in with the festivities.
Big Sister
Rep:
?
Its funny to see how something I thought was pretty harmless can get out of hand. Its open to interpretation I guess..I just wanted to say happy vaisakhi...it would have been easier for some people to ignore the post.

I m sorry for offending all the people who had nothing better to do than to waste their energy being offended and then compelled to write a reply. I think "no response" or silence is an under rated gift.

PS I DID NOT ONCE SAY I WAS A SIKH...but everyone is quick to assume!

Happy Vaisakhi to all sikhs and to anyone who cares...wishing you all a good day. :confused:
Big Sister
Rep:
?
(Original post by Howard)
Life's not all about celebrating key events in religions you know nothing about either. So, Happy Vaisaki to all Sikh members but pardon me for not wanting to join in with the festivities.
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I m sorry for offending all the people who had nothing better to do than to waste their energy being offended and then compelled to write a reply. I think "no response" or silence is an under rated gift.
that's the bit i dont get... how is it offensive? well whatever, happy vaisakhi
Big Sister
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dil)
that's the bit i dont get... how is it offensive? well whatever, happy vaisakhi
kokopops
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
i didnt think that there was a set date.. the worldwide celebrations are just spread about in a peiod of a week or so i think
big sister why do you keep quoting everything??
kokopops
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
i didnt think that there was a set date.. the worldwide celebrations are just spread about in a peiod of a week or so i think
ooo ok
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
ooo ok
but i think that it also has something to do with the akhand path thing... where there is a 48hr non-stop reading. so the celebration is when you start or finish the reading or something. im not much of an expert sorry
kokopops
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
but i think that it also has something to do with the akhand path thing... where there is a 48hr non-stop reading. so the celebration is when you start or finish the reading or something. im not much of an expert sorry
ur confusing me! lol! er...i aint sikh but i thort it was yday coz of this calendar thingie we've got
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (178)
46.48%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.62%
Change uni choice through clearing (90)
23.5%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.7%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.7%

Watched Threads