OCR Latin Verse & Prose Lit. Exam, 3rd June, 2014

Watch
dawkz123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What did everyone think?

I messed up bad on the translations, but the other questions weren't bad.

Plus, our invigilator fell asleep for about 25 minutes, as there were only two of us taking the exam.
BellaDeD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I found the last 10 mark question, the one for the Ovid, to be a bit odd, but mostly not too bad, a fair paper. A bit tight on time, though.
SK3PTIK4L
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It was decent. The ten marker for Ovid was deliberately vague so that the five people who took it at my school all wrote about different things without apparently going off topic?

We found that the Cicero 10 marker was difficult because we could only think of five listed victims- Philodamus, his daughter, the Lampsceni counsel, the ambassadors, and finally, teh stripped templez and poor lonely statyewz. Only Philodamus the counsel and the ambassadors actually showed any reaction to Verres... so hmm... were we missing something?
kate_maria
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought the exam was very hard. Forgot the ovid translation and don't whether I've written a load of rubbish for the 8 Markers. I mentioned all the things you did in the cicero question about philodamus being a victim of verres in his own private dwelling. So I dont think we've missed anything. I hope we all do well .
Rosie42brown
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
All round I didn't mind the paper, although I didn't like either of the 10 markers.. Especially the Ovid one, it was awful! Thought the question was too vague and needed too much consideration to give a decent answer given the time pressure.

Anyway hope it went well for everyone.. Only 1 exam left! Yaaay x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (48)
24.49%
Less motivated (148)
75.51%

Watched Threads