The Student Room Group

Why are guys who lift weights so arrogant?

I'm a girl who likes big strong guys ( not fat , not toned lol )

I'm almost always attracted to the biggest guy in the room idk why

Why do these guys always seem to be so arrogant and self-loving. Are they trying to impress me or something?

Does being strong make guys more respected among their peers and this is what gives them this arrogance?

Scroll to see replies

Generalisation.
You know what else is strong?

Your generalisation skills.
The assumptions are strong in this one
mirin?
Maybe they have to make up for the disproportionate size of their body to their head by being really big headed?
Reply 6
Well they're lifting for a reason. Once they've achieved whatever that goal is, you'd kind of expect them to feel smug wouldn't you? Considering these are the people who are strong enough that you're considering going out with them... yep they've got a reason to be arrogant I'd say.
Original post by lerjj
Well they're lifting for a reason. Once they've achieved whatever that goal is, you'd kind of expect them to feel smug wouldn't you? Considering these are the people who are strong enough that you're considering going out with them... yep they've got a reason to be arrogant I'd say.

No-one has a reason to be arrogant.
Because we're better than you, and we know it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by PythianLegume
No-one has a reason to be arrogant.

Well... okay. Wouldn't being objectively better than everyone else be a reason, hypothetically?
Original post by LemboLoo

Why do these guys always seem to be so arrogant and self-loving. Are they trying to impress me or something?

Does being strong make guys more respected among their peers and this is what gives them this arrogance?

Because we're in control of our lives and confident that most girls would find a muscular body attractive?
Reply 11
Original post by PythianLegume
Maybe they have to make up for the disproportionate size of their body to their head by being really big headed?

U jelly?
What makes attractive women more arrogant and think they deserve an attractive partner?... Oh yeah, they're attractive.
Not true at all. My husband is pretty big, lifts weights and does martial arts but he's about the most humble, modest person you could meet. Certainly not arrogant at all.
Rather than it being a case of guys with muscles inherently being dick heads it's more that the type of guy who values aesthetics tends to be shallow and so follows pursuits which will make them the more attractive so he can follow equally shallow pursuits that will impress the lads
Reply 15
Well done on generalizing. Most weight lifters don't do it to impress others. It's a personal choice.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LemboLoo

I'm sure so are arrogant, just like some guys/girls who don't lift. Lifestyle has nothing to do with it, your just stereotyping.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh lord…. you are such a loser.
Reply 18
The arrogance on this one, you think guys with muscle are trying to impress you specifically.
I don't think they are... most are very self-disciplined and focused, so that may come off as arrogance.
Also the fact that people do not live in the gym and have a life. It's not usually a 'meet up' group or a bar where you are seeking social contact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending