Turn on thread page Beta

Can you wear contact loenses when it rains? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just come back from the almightiest rainfall ever. Do I have to remove my contact lenses, I can't find any info in the guide or anywhere else? Please help I don't want to get an eye infection.cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I mean contact lenses not loenses!lol

ReputationRep:
    no dont worry about it, unless they are uncomfortable just leave them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    You only have to remove your contact lenses around water when you are swimming or having a bath. You can wear them in the shower or when it rains.

ReputationRep:
    unlikely anything would happen. don't swim in them regularly like i did tho! i think i'm in trouble, got a check up today!

ReputationRep:
    What happens if you wear them while you swim? I do it all the time and I've never had any problems...

ReputationRep:
    you can get an infection from a certain bacteria present in all water i think.
    while its a slim chance, i've been told wearing goggles and wearing dailies rather than monthlies is advisable. but i've been on monthlies! and my eyes hurt with lenses in now...

ReputationRep:
    i just got my first set of monthlies today! whoo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    while its a slim chance, i've been told wearing goggles and wearing dailies rather than monthlies is advisable. but i've been on monthlies! and my eyes hurt with lenses in now...
    mleh, i tried to be good and use last months lenses when i went swimming... but then i got bored of that too. if the optician asks just say you do wear googles.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can wear them when it rains. I found they annoy me in the shower though cos you get water on your lashes that you want to rub off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    mleh, i tried to be good and use last months lenses when i went swimming... but then i got bored of that too. if the optician asks just say you do wear googles.

lou xxx
    wearing last months lenses is probably a bad idea. don't you chuck them away?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yes but not when it hails. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I noticed someone said you cannot wear them in the bath, didn't know that.

As for rainfall, I wear them when it rains doesn't do them any harm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    You only have to remove your contact lenses around water when you are swimming or having a bath. You can wear them in the shower or when it rains.
    I swim, dive and SCUBA dive in mine... have done for ages, oops! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yer I wear mine Swimming

ReputationRep:
    i thought theyd fall out when submerged!!

ReputationRep:
    nope they don't

I have opened my eyes underwater with them in and nothing happened....they loved it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    to expand on that, if the bacteria get between the lense and your eye it is quite possible that by the end of the day you have no corneas left

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.