The Student Room Group

13th June AQA Linked Pair (Applications of Maths) Unit 2 Geometry and Measures GCSE

Exactly 10 days to go, are we all prepared? :/
Reply 1
It's Friday :O

4 days to go!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Is anybody else doing this or is it just my class?! :/) hahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Your class isn't the only one haha, I have it as well! How is the revision going? :smile:
Reply 4
Ok, quite worried really!
Reply 5
Original post by Random20
Your class isn't the only one haha, I have it as well! How is the revision going? :smile:

How did you find it?! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by revisioner
How did you find it?! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was really good!!!!!! You?
Reply 7
It was really good!!!!!! You?

Yeah. Fairly easy I thought!! Did you answer every question?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Yeah. Fairly easy I thought!! Did you answer every question?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
could you post all the answers you can remember and you know for the volume being 50% bigger did you say yes or no and why
Reply 9
Original post by 1998
could you post all the answers you can remember and you know for the volume being 50% bigger did you say yes or no and why

Yeah I answered everything. I literally can remember hardly anything it all seemed a bit of a blur haha. I wasn't sure which way to interpret but I know the actually size was more than 50% more so.
Reply 10
Yeah I answered everything. I literally can remember hardly anything it all seemed a bit of a blur haha. I wasn't sure which way to interpret but I know the actually size was more than 50% more so.
really I write that it was only 30% bigger in volume as it cubed the length of the bigger one and divided it by the cubed length of the smaller giving 1.30.... Meaning it was only 30% bigger .... I don't know and I'm probably wrong!!!
Original post by 1998
really I write that it was only 30% bigger in volume as it cubed the length of the bigger one and divided it by the cubed length of the smaller giving 1.30.... Meaning it was only 30% bigger .... I don't know and I'm probably wrong!!!

Oh haha who knows! I'm sure we'll be fine.
Reply 12

I wish I could be a positive as you and I hope you get the grades you want : )
Original post by 1998
I wish I could be a positive as you and I hope you get the grades you want : )

Honestly try not to worry you are probably correct! Thankyou! I hope you do as well!
Reply 14

Me and my teacher stayed after school and we worked out that the scale factor (0.15...something) cubed [remember VOLUME! = ^3) and then I did something else like my teacher did ... I would know if I had the paper in front of me ... and then the answer came out to be 1.539something. Subtract the original representative of 1 = 0.539something .... making it enlarged by 54%.

50%<54% ... the answer was 'Yes'
Reply 15
J
Me and my teacher stayed after school and we worked out that the scale factor (0.15...something) cubed [remember VOLUME! = ^3) and then I did something else like my teacher did ... I would know if I had the paper in front of me ... and then the answer came out to be 1.539something. Subtract the original representative of 1 = 0.539something .... making it enlarged by 54%.

There's a similar question on cup shapes and they did what I did can you please see it as its the last question in the November 2013 paper it's 18b and the larger length is 42 and the smaller is 28 so 42 cubed / 28 cubed giving 3.375 so no it's more than 3 times bigger and I think the same thing applies here ... Please tell me if I'm making any sense???
(edited 9 years ago)

Okay! This is similar to what I did! That's a relief!
Reply 17
Good luck tomorrow every body :-)
Reply 18
What did you get in the end? :-)

Quick Reply

Latest