x_tara_x
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hello, i just got my results today and i got:

english lit C
Philosophy and ethics A
Chemistry D
Maths E/U

I really dont know what to do now because i really had my heart set on doing Economics at uni but now because i failed my maths i dont know. I wondering if anyone could give me some advice on this situation. shoul i drop maths and choose a diffrent subject to study at degree. Or keep it (if providing the school lets me) and face getting a really low predicted grade and hence rejected from unis. i really dont know what to do as i cant imagine studying anyhting else, also i know if i put my mind on it i can try my best to get a good grade in that subjects. Any advice will be helpful.
Lykabelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well you can still do BA Economics (note that this excludes Cambridge which offer 'BA' Economics but the course still has very high mathematical content so you would really need an A for A Level Maths) at some very respected universities such as Manchester, Birmingham, York and Durham as I have been led to believe because they do not specify that it is essential to have an A level in Maths so you can drop maths if you so wish. However for BSc Economics, most do specify that A level Maths is essential. Admittedly, BSc economics is known to be more respected and has a high mathematical content and many top universities provide this type of degree. But if you think you can do much better, there are always retakes in January.
Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (954)
79.9%
Leave (240)
20.1%

Watched Threads