The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 1
No its perfectly normal, City let in a whole flood of students who didn't meet their offers when I applied. Anyway congratulations!:biggrin:
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
naddles
No its perfectly normal, City let in a whole flood of students who didn't meet their offers when I applied. Anyway congratulations!:biggrin:

Reply 3
No. I missed the offer. I got BCD instead of BBB. (even though there were extenuating circumstances for me getting a D - the fact that we didn't have a teacher for about 3 months). They wouldn't let me on the course. In addition, neither did Goldsmiths my insurance (BBC).

I have been in contact with City this morning for a combined Journalsim & Psychology course, but was told they only accept studnets with b's and c's (the offer is BBC), regardless of my extenuating circumstances. Due to my persistance, they said to contact them on Tuesday after interviews, to see if there are any places available). It REALLY sucks. Thanks to my stupid college i'm now left with nowhere to go but London Met & UEL - neither of which, i want to go to. :frown:

regards
--marty
Reply 4
xavier2k3
No. I missed the offer. I got BCD instead of BBB. (even though there were extenuating circumstances for me getting a D - the fact that we didn't have a teacher for about 3 months). They wouldn't let me on the course. In addition, neither did Goldsmiths my insurance (BBC).

I have been in contact with City this morning for a combined Journalsim & Psychology course, but was told they only accept studnets with b's and c's (the offer is BBC), regardless of my extenuating circumstances. Due to my persistance, they said to contact them on Tuesday after interviews, to see if there are any places available). It REALLY sucks. Thanks to my stupid college i'm now left with nowhere to go but London Met & UEL - neither of which, i want to go to. :frown:

regards
--marty

Hmm this is sad...... I had the same conditional offer and i got the same grades as you did but i was accepted...... maybe because i had sciences and a B in Mathematics !!!

Any way dont just give up City has many places even after Clearance...... So keep on bugging em until they let u in :smile:
Reply 5
Appletiser

Your welcome:smile: did you call city to confirm your place?
Reply 6
naddles
Your welcome:smile: did you call city to confirm your place?

I tried to but could only get through to an answering machine. However I have just received a confirmation letter off UCAS this morning with a form to return to City so I am going to post that today.

xavier2k3, sorry to hear they haven’t let you in straight away. It seems unfair that they are not even really considering the circumstances. Well good luck on Tuesday. Just remember, if begging doesn't work resort to bribing :biggrin:
Reply 7
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm not willing to give up without a fight. I REALLY want to be a part of the city university, and am willing to do exactly whatever it takes to try and secure my place for September 06.

regards
--marty
Reply 8
xavier2k3
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm not willing to give up without a fight. I REALLY want to be a part of the city university, and am willing to do exactly whatever it takes to try and secure my place for September 06.

regards
--marty

That's the spirit!:smile:Hope City offer you a place.
my firm rejected me but city was my insurance, but its still on conditional. i got BBC though my offer was ABB so i will be over the moon if they do accept me as it saves me the hassle of going through clearing. (though ive got a few places lined up including reading, westmin and essex but wud prefer city!)

they told em to contact them early this week, but ive lost my voice so cant even speak! timing eh :wink:
xavier2k3

regards
--marty

Try the sociology/ Psychology course its 240 - 260 points :wink:
Reply 11
Well, my first choice is the Journalism & Psychology course, if i don't get on that, then i'll try the Sociology combined with Psychology i believe. Again, thanks for your advice!

regards
--marty
city was my insurance for law ABB. i got BBB and they accepted me! yay! as long as i am able to get a job and do the lpc, all is good.

Latest

Trending

Trending