The Student Room Group

Hello, my name is amanda.144!

I'm studying... Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Geography

I'm interested in... Medicine, Pharmacy

I'm thinking about... Pharmacy
Hey :hi:

Welcome to :tsr:... Have you had a look at Study Help forum - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11 and Universities and University Courses - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=3?

Good luck:biggrin:

Meeeee:smile:...
Reply 2
Original post by Meeeee:)
Hey :hi:

Welcome to :tsr:... Have you had a look at Study Help forum - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11 and Universities and University Courses - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=3?

Good luck:biggrin:

Meeeee:smile:...

HII

Quick question!
Can you carry on with year 13 if you get BBE? with targets of BBB? Im worried that I got an e in as chemistry. Worst scenario being a U! I spent too much time revising for maths

Original post by amanda.144
HII

Quick question!
Can you carry on with year 13 if you get BBE? with targets of BBB? Im worried that I got an e in as chemistry. Worst scenario being a U! I spent too much time revising for maths

Hey yes you should be able to carry on to year 13, but depending n your college/6th form if you will be able to do A2 chemistry.

Hope that helped.
Reply 4
Original post by Meeeee:)
Hey yes you should be able to carry on to year 13, but depending n your college/6th form if you will be able to do A2 chemistry.

Hope that helped.

You know when we get given predicted grades for A2? Can they change throughout the year or is what you put onto UCAS fixed? I need at least a month to fully prove that I can improve in chemistry and to show them this blip was just a one off :frown:
Hey Amanda, how's it going? :h:
Original post by amanda.144
You know when we get given predicted grades for A2? Can they change throughout the year or is what you put onto UCAS fixed? I need at least a month to fully prove that I can improve in chemistry and to show them this blip was just a one off :frown:

Once its on ucas that's your predicted grades, can't be changed. Good luck with your chemistry.
Reply 7
Original post by It's a Classic
Hey Amanda, how's it going? :h:

TERRIBLE! i just had all my exams and im pretty sure i've failed all my unit 1's but passed my unit 2's meaning im getting no A's this year :frown:
Ouch. :frown: I'm doing the same subjects as you except for Geography - Which exam board are you doing? :smile:
Reply 9
Ouch. :frown: I'm doing the same subjects as you except for Geography - Which exam board are you doing? :smile:

I've just been looking at the markschemes on here and for chemistry i'll be LUCKY to get a D :frown:

Im doing edexcel for maths, OCR for biology and AQA for chem & geo. I literally feel like my world is falling apart completely:frown:
Don't feel bad. The chemistry exam was REALLY difficult - You're not the only one, I can tell you that. :smile: I think you're just over-thinking it, you probably did better than you think. How do you feel about the other tests?
Reply 11
Don't feel bad. The chemistry exam was REALLY difficult - You're not the only one, I can tell you that. :smile: I think you're just over-thinking it, you probably did better than you think. How do you feel about the other tests?

Basically i messed up all my unit 1's cos i was focusing on maths too much ( which now i know im gonna fail anyway)
After looking at the markschemes on student room:
UNIT 1
BIO - E
CHEM-D/E
MATHS - E
GEOGRAPHY - B
UNIT 2
BIO - A
CHEM - E
GEOGRAPHY - B/C
MATHS - DEFFO U

Now i think you understand why im saying what im saying... :/:frown:
How have your exams gone?
I don't feel all that confident about it as well. But that's pretty much human nature. I think you're marking yourself very strictly and it's not good to get all that worked up about it. You haven't failed, and you shouldn't feel alone in this, trust me. :smile:

I wanted to ace these tests, but I guess I got demotivated half-way through the year and wasn't investing as much revision equally on all subjects. I focused on Biology & Chemistry instead.

Quite a lot of people have felt that they did bad with the exams, especially now that we've slightly forgotten how we answered the questions while it happened.

I've had that feeling as well - Where I was certain I was going to fail, but that's just me over-analysing every little detail, and all it does it get you stressed out and anxious - Which trust me, doesn't help. If you wanna talk about it, then we can talk. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest