http://www.survelum.com/p_results.ph...9&AntiSemitism
huli
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i can't believe some of the responses-

"Jewish people are evil and deserve to die"
"jews bring it on themselves by isolating themselves due to a superiority complex"

are they genuine?
lamenter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maybe they are talking about the "chosen people" motto.
by-torslayshisfoe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anti-semitism is bunk.

Yes, the Jews ARE out to rule the world!! Run for the hills, ma!! :p:
Mog
Report 12 years ago
Thats quite possibly the worst worded quiz i've ever seen, I have no idea what its attempting to achive but most of the questions are just plan stupid.

Just look at the results! more than half the people taking the quiz havent bothered answering most the questions.
BlackpoolCraig
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
how can you see all the results?
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Semitic means descendents of Shem, the most famous are the 12 tribes of Abraham's grandson Jacob, renamed "Israel".
The Jews that returned from captivity in Babylon (recorded in Ezra & Nehemiah) were mainly of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin + associated levite priests ("The House of Judah") were mostly of this stock (thougth some had inter-married producing the "hook nose"). Since that time many other people converted to Judaism for politoical/economic reasons. In fact in Jesus time the Herodians were Idumeans (of Esau) and the pharisees said "we have never been captive of anyone" (John 8) showing they were not true israelites !

Even the bible says there are those who say they are jews but are not (Revelation 2 & 3).

The Anglo (from hebrew word Aeglae= bull/heifer, the tribal symbol of Ephraim), Saxon (Isaac's sons), Celtic (Cymri), Danish (from Dan) peoples are the other "lost" 10 tribes of Israel ("the house of Israel") so these people have as much, if not more right to call themselves "Semitic".

The word "British" comes from the hebrew berith-ish meaning "covenant man" (Jews today refer to circumcision as a "Brit"), as God made unconditional promises/covenant with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses and David concerning their descendants and the Throne, none of which are fulfilled by what is called "Israel" today.

More at:-
http://www.trf.org.au/British_Israel.asp
hojozesc
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by NJA)
Semitic means descendents of Shem, the most famous are the 12 tribes of Abraham's grandson Jacob, renamed "Israel".
The Jews that returned from captivity in Babylon (recorded in Ezra & Nehemiah) were mainly of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin + associated levite priests ("The House of Judah") were mostly of this stock (thougth some had inter-married producing the "hook nose"). Since that time many other people converted to Judaism for politoical/economic reasons. In fact in Jesus time the Herodians were Idumeans (of Esau) and the pharisees said "we have never been captive of anyone" (John 8) showing they were not true israelites !

Even the bible says there are those who say they are jews but are not (Revelation 2 & 3).

The Anglo (from hebrew word Aeglae= bull/heifer, the tribal symbol of Ephraim), Saxon (Isaac's sons), Celtic (Cymri), Danish (from Dan) peoples are the other "lost" 10 tribes of Israel ("the house of Israel") so these people have as much, if not more right to call themselves "Semitic".

The word "British" comes from the hebrew berith-ish meaning "covenant man" (Jews today refer to circumcision as a "Brit"), as God made unconditional promises/covenant with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses and David concerning their descendants and the Throne, none of which are fulfilled by what is called "Israel" today.

great!
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NJA)

The term anti-Semite was only coined in the 19th century and used specifically to denote hatred against Jews.
Consie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I often wonder, have Jew's been expelled from a country every 28 years (on average) because every single place they inhabited was full of ignorant bigots who had an illogical hatred for them? That’s statistically highly unlikely. There must be something that genuinely (not racist or bigot influenced) causes widespread dislike of them.

I know if I for example rocked up to live in some Islamic Republic to live and was openly disliked for my lack of faith I'd probably become insular, which would of-course perpetuate the dislike. There are 10's of other factors for Anti-Semitism however, and they can't all be due to the shortcomings of non-Jews.

I personally don't have a problem with the Jews I’ve met, they're so normal and decent I didn’t even think of they're religion until they told me. Though I heard from some of them the Ultra Orthodox folk can different. I wrote an essay on the causes of Anti-Semitism, but I couldn’t be bothered carrying out some serious research to find out a proper, deep rooted cause for Anti-Semitism other than the usual superficial 5 or 6 reasons.
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Consie)
I often wonder, have Jew's been expelled from a country every 28 years (on average) because every single place they inhabited was full of ignorant bigots who had an illogical hatred for them? That’s statistically highly unlikely. There must be something that genuinely (not racist or bigot influenced) causes widespread dislike of them.
It might have something to do with Jews being spread out over almost every country in the world and not having a state of their own until quite recently. The other such nation, the Gypsies, haven't exactly fared much better than the Jews.
Consie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, that's a factor which is often mentioned, but i don't beleive it to be the key factor. There has to be somthing about Jewish religion that is just widely objected to, and not for racist, superficial reasons.
Consie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I may aswell copy part of my essay into here. As i said, no serious research was undertaken on this, so i apologise for half informed arguments.

'Religious: The predominately Christian European continent believed that the Jews were to blame for the crucifixion of Christ, and until the 20th century refused to accept that Christ himself was a Jew. Jews were persecuted because of this, and they began to flock to states that would accept them. This, in turn, lead to large segregated minorities of Jews in countries such as Russia, and it was this conspicuous segregation that lead to hatred and attack, particularly by the Russian Orthodox Church.

Economic: The evolution of financial systems pioneered by the Dutch and then developed by the British in the 18th and 19th centuries meant that loans were a hugely popular way to gain money. However, both Christianity and Islam condemn usury (taking interest). Jews capitalised on this economic development and quickly found occupation as money lenders and bankers. Although Judaism also condemns usury, exceptions were made for particularly desperate Jews (who were many in number as they formed the bulk of segregated societies in countries) who were allowed to take up this profession . They also played a role in the development of Capitalism; indeed it was a Jewish finance company, Rothschilds, which financed Benjamin Disraeli’s purchase of the Suez Canal shares in 1875. The economic success of Jewish immigrants lead to envy and hatred among Europe’s struggling aristocracies as their businesses suffered from American competition. Hatred grew among the middle and working classes also, such as the Mittelstand in Germany, as Jewish immigrants began filling many of the job vacancies in their new homelands. In addition, given that many Jews where in key positions in the economic running of countries, when things began to go wrong, such as an economic depression (anti-Semitism in Germany rocketed after the 1929 stock market crash, and Hitler used this to his advantage), the Jews were the first to be blamed for the population’s hardships.

Prejudice: Humans instinctively fear what they don’t understand. This applied to the native population of many European countries as they saw huge numbers of Jews entering their lands and becoming a separate segregated society. They did not understand these new peoples who spoke Hebrew and Yiddish, dressed differently, ate differently, worshipped in different buildings, and maintained different cultural habits (such as keeping the Sabbath). As a result, they were accused for a number of different things, from smelling bad to ritually murdering infants for blood to mix in Passover bread. Jews were also linked with witchcraft in the 16th and 17th centuries and where consequently heavily persecuted for it.

Nationalism: Nationalism developed in parallel with the success of Jews in countries to whom they had granted emancipation in the 19th century. As a result, Jews in key positions in governments, such as Walter Rathenau who maintained the German economy in WW1, began to be suspected by nationalist groups like the Pan-Germans. When things went wrong, such as Germany losing the war, Jews were the first to be targeted and were often persecuted as traitors, as demonstrated in the Dreyfus Affair in France 1894-1906.

Social Darwinism: The evolutionary theories regarding nature pioneered in the 19th century by Charles Darwin were applied to society by writers like Haeckel and the British ex-patriot Houston Stewart Chamberlain. They argued that like in nature, only the fittest races would survive in civilization. The Jew’s lack of an official state resulted in them being labelled by many as an inferior race. With the birth of eugenics, there was a growing belief in countries like Germany that intermarriage with Jews would lead to the weakening of the superior Aryan race. This was a belief the Nazi’s capitalised on later in history, as they believed that Jews were ‘A parasite weakening the host’.'

MODERATORS - please morph this post into my earlier one; I don't know how to do it.
Thud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
that survey was crap.

However, 3 words:
Kazimierz the Great

and still we get blamed!
hojozesc
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thud)
that survey was crap.

However, 3 words:
Kazimierz the Great

and still we get blamed!
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Bismarck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Thud)
that survey was crap.

However, 3 words:
Kazimierz the Great

and still we get blamed!
One good Polish leader from 700 years ago makes up the for the dozens of rabidly anti-Semitic ones. :rolleyes:
Thud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
One good Polish leader from 700 years ago makes up the for the dozens of rabidly anti-Semitic ones. :rolleyes:
pft! not "rabidly" so - it was all just a misunderstanding. :angel:
lskdgjsj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NJA)

Quite possibly the silliest etymologies I've ever seen.
hojozesc
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bismarck)
:p: :p: :p: :p: :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads